What history DVD to buy?

"We see our role as essentially defensive in nature. While our armies are advancing so fast and everyone's knocking themselves out to be heroes, we are holding ourselves in reserve in case the Krauts mount a counteroffensive which threatens Paris... or maybe even New York. Then we can move in and stop them. But for 1.6 million dollars, we could become heroes for three days."

Here's looking at you kid...

Battleground was great and it turned out I had seen the last part on t.v. the other day. The part where they were straggling home and they saw the new guys coming in and they straightened out as they were marching. That part just killed me.

They reminded me of that cartoonist back then Bill Maudlin? They looked just like his charactors!

There was something heartbreaking about that movie that I cannot put my finger on. If there is some movie history teacher here who would like to wax nostalgic for me and explain what I may have been feeling do let me know...

Men bonding do some really strange things... I guess film quoting would be the least disgusting... I guess as long as you are not sitting around eating gaseous substances at the same time its o.k.

Back