What forces will take me?

jontendo

Been a while, thanks for the Birthday message staff/admin.
Long story short, the British Army wouldn't have me, I went to the Legion Etrangere, they had me for a little over a month a few years ago and sent me home without a chance, for no known reason, as I had passed all my tests with flying colours. I'm back to getting fit again after all the accidents I've gotten into. There would be no reason for medical failure of tests in the future. I'm nearly good to go.
I just want to know, where can I go to now that would take me, I do have a criminal history so anywhere that involves visas and stuff I probably wouldn't be allowed if they are as stringent as the USA?
P.S. I say take me as I have always passed the intrviews, physical, medical, intelligence, I prepare very well. I need to have the military life, it is for me.

The short answer - most likely no one.

He is right. Short of WWIII, you're done. It is a buyers market and the military can and will pick whom THEY choose. You have nothing marketable to offer except liabilities. You have to understand that. Why would they take a chance on someone with a criminal background, who has had medical issues recently, and couldn't get into the program already....spending millions of dollars on the training it would have to take to get you to be a full fledged soldier, when they have more qualified individuals with perfect records (many college educated already) literally lining up at the door to get in?

Maybe you need to think about something else.

Well my medical issues do not/ should not apply now, I am fully healed.
Maybe I was being too arrogant in how I put that question... But I have passed previous tests for the British army, I just got into a spot of trouble outside of that which then lead me to not being able to do basic.
Maybe I will have to try France one more time. Cheers for the short answer!

Unfortunately, brinktk raises a very valid point. The US Army, one of the most all-in branches of services out there turns away hundreds of thousands a year simply because they can. Since 9/11 - at least in the US - recruitment is at a high. It's peaked in the last few years, but that doesn't mean every 11 weeks us Drill Sergeants don't get another class of grubs. Hell, the army barely has enough of us to go 'round for the recruits that ARE coming in.

Back