“The Western Front at World War I” Recently Announced

Markus Conrads

MIDDELBURG, Netherlands - February 1, 2016 - Author Markus Conrads recently announced the first print of “The Western Front at World War I.” Based on several hundred letters, "The Western Front at World War I" is the comprehensive life story of Corporal Bruno Viedge during his two years of duty on the Western Front. The story leads readers through the most important battlefields and themes and is based on several hundred letters, original pictures, pencil drawings, poems, articles and other documents. Most of these documents were gathered during ten months of research and are included in this book.

The book also contains information on walks and hikes through the battlegrounds. “Experience World War I from close range!” What was trench warfare and mobile warfare? How was the food? And the fight? How were the off days spent? How hard was life in the trenches? What kind of interaction was there with civilians and the enemy? Bruno answers many of these questions in this book.

The last 12 months Conrads has been working on the new book, "The Western Front at World War I.” He wants to publish the book before the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, 1918-2018. The book is finished and currently being checked for spelling and grammar and thus almost ready for the first print. Since the book is about the Experience of a German Soldier during World War I, the book is written in the German language but will be translated during the next six months by the author.

The book will be first printed in 30,000 copies, 15,000 German, and 15,000 English. However, before everyone can read this incredible book, Markus Conrads needs help. That’s why he launched this Kickstarter campaign. The goal of this project is to raise €150,000 by February 29, 2016. The funds raised will go towards printing, distributing, and shipping costs. Every backer will receive an E-book version as PDF file and the name will be listed in the first print in return for the sponsoring in August 2016.

Back