Wearing USMC Dress Blues -

Read more about Good afternoon, I am a 10 year veteran of the USMC and have a question pertaining to the wearing of my Dress Blues. Now that I'm "out" of the corps, is it appro

International Military Forums > >
User Name
Password

July 15th, 2009   #1
kevdbry

Wearing USMC Dress Blues info

Good afternoon, I am a 10 year veteran of the USMC and have a question pertaining to the wearing of my Dress Blues. Now that I'm "out" of the corps, is it appropriate for me to wear my dress blues at anytime such as Memorial Day, Veterans Day etc... ceremonies? I've been out for 10 years now and can still fit the uniform but want to do so properly. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you and SEMPER FI!!!!!!!!
Kevin

--
July 18th, 2009   #2
wolfen

try thease guys

http://www.leatherneck.com/

they should know:

Last edited by wolfen; July 18th, 2009 at 22:50..

July 19th, 2009   #3
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
try thease guys

http://www.leatherneck.com/

they should know:
Hey, that's a great site!

"It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle." - Norman Schwarskopf, Commander of Desert Storm Operations

July 19th, 2009   #4
wolfen

Yep, I'm looking for ones for Navy, Army, National Guard, and coasties too.

July 24th, 2009   #5
03USMC

According to current regs. A retired officer may wear the uniform with the highest rank received on active duty.

A Veteran who served during time of war my wear the uniform as prescribed by regulations authorized by the President, for formal military functions.

Sgt. Rafael Peralta ,United States Marine Corps
Company A, 1st Bn, 3rd Marine Regt, 3rd Marine Divison

We will never forget your valor and sacrifice.

Semper Fi !

July 28th, 2009   #6
wolfen

And theres the proper answer
I had my suspicions, but I've been out since 99 so the way things change in the military I didn't want to say that.
Thank you 03 for clearing this up for the man, and for anybody else that might wonder.

Tags
blues, day, dress, usmc, wearing