'We live in a crowded universe.'

Well, I guess the space program really needs to get to work on tracking down Kirk, Spock and the gang to start exploring these strange new worlds.

Some perspective.

The Voyager 1 space probe is the fastest man made object, it travels at 17.3km/second. Kepler 22b is 587 light years away from Earth. A light year is 9,460,730,472,580 km distance. It would take the Voyager 1 traveling at 17.3km/s 9,509,400 years to reach Kepler 22b. I just crunched these numbers on my IPAD so it is official..... 17km/s is roughly 16,200 years per light year. 73,000 years to the nearest star which is 4.5 light years away.

That gives you guys plenty of time to practice up on your scotty impressions and alien pimp game. :)

Last edited:
Beam me up, Scotty!

(ever notice, in all the films, the enginner is always a scotsman?)

That's because Jocks are clever buggers and invent most things.

Some perspective.

The Voyager 1 space probe is the fastest man made object, it travels at 17.3km/second. Kepler 22b is 587 light years away from Earth. A light year is 9,460,730,472,580 km distance. It would take the Voyager 1 traveling at 17.3km/s 9,509,400 years to reach Kepler 22b. I just crunched these numbers on my IPAD so it is official..... 17km/s is roughly 16,200 years per light year. 73,000 years to the nearest star which is 4.5 light years away.

That gives you guys plenty of time to practice up on your scotty impressions and alien pimp game. :)

Thank you, now I've got a bloody headache:sick:

ET is already here - I have a whole troop full of them. :smile:
Alien Commander
“Ahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!! Greetings, puny Earthlings! I am Commander 42RM, but you can call me your new Supreme Overlord. My plans are brilliant! My forces are unstoppable and my space probe is really, really big!!!

Alien Commander
“Ahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!! Greetings, puny Earthlings! I am Commander 42RM, but you can call me your new Supreme Overlord. My plans are brilliant! My forces are unstoppable and my space probe is really, really big!!!

Don't give him idea's for goodness sake:sarc:

You’ll have to pass my TSM first. :army:

After reading "ET is already here - I have a whole troop full of them," he'd probably be on my side.:-D

I pinched the beret of my Staff Sergeant pinned it up on a target during a range live fire. He face was a picture when he was handed back a beret that looked like a colander.:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Don't give him idea's for goodness sake:sarc:
Supreme Overlord sounds good, should be an official RM rank.
@Julie. A really big space probe is an entry requirement for RM Officers.

After reading "ET is already here - I have a whole troop full of them," he'd probably be on my side.:-D
Nope, the TSM also believes that they are aliens. None of them speak the Queen's English

I pinched the beret of my Staff Sergeant pinned it up on a target during a range live fire. He face was a picture when he was handed back a beret that looked like a colander.:mrgreen:
Try it with my Colour Sergeant and he will deep freeze you with his stare.

Back