Watercolors

rcleary171

Hello Group,

I am a novice painter who likes to explore military themes. Here is a link to my recent sketch. All comments and feedback are welcome.

Thanks,
Bob

Soldier4.jpg

Sorry for the time that u been waiting for my answer.

very nice scatch u ever been in the US army?

and if im now wrong is he holding m14 on his hands?

Sorry for the time that u been waiting for my answer.

very nice scatch u ever been in the US army?

and if im now wrong is he holding m14 on his hands?

I'm sorry to report that I never served. As for the weapon - I used a WWII photo taken at Iwo Jima (if that helps identify it).

GIM1.jpg

^Very nice^

but how about painting a picture that the troop is happy like after victory or when he found out that is going home?

think about it :)

Are u painting just militry paints?

if so way?

and if u like the army so much why wouldn't you join him?

I like to paint people from all walks of life - I just enjoy sketching military themed subjects. As for joining the military - at 55 I guess you can say I missed the boat. I had my opportunity to join the Air Force but I had elected not to. It was a mistake - one of many missed career accomplishments.

This sketch is more of a caricature but I like it.

Sicily.jpg

Last edited:
Its never to late you can be at the intelegance force.

you know here in israel you must join the army becuase if not us no one will protecte us so what im trying to say that joining to the army its not for the thrill its for really want to serv your country you know

Its never to late you can be at the intelegance force.

you know here in israel you must join the army becuase if not us no one will protecte us so what im trying to say that joining to the army its not for the thrill its for really want to serv your country you know

I'm afraid that any work that I will do for the military will be as a contractor. I also knew about the military service requirements in Israel.

Here is a sketch of a French Soldier from a photo dated 1916. I tried to capture the weariness yet determination of this warrior.

FrenchSoldier1916.jpg

Sometime I do - it depends on what I am trying to capture. Portraits are very challenging but I have done a few. Here's one that I did recently of a Marine.

I like the "faceless" approach I think it gives them more of an "Every man" feel rather than individualising the image.

But given that I never progressed beyond stick figures I probably shouldn't be commenting, either way nice work.

I like the "faceless" approach I think it gives them more of an "Every man" feel rather than individualising the image.

But given that I never progressed beyond stick figures I probably shouldn't be commenting, either way nice work.

Thanks Monty - succinctly put.

Thompson.jpg

This sketch of a Marine came off a little bit too severe. Her photo showed more compassion along with her determination.

Sergeant_US_Marine.jpg

Back