Veterans Day

tetvet

Banned
November Eleventh is Veterans in the U.S. means what ? a sale at the Mall a day off from work a Parade downtown Special attention to Vets in Wheel Chairs , To me it don't mean nothing , as a Vietnam Vet my comrades and I had to put up with the s--t that was thrown at us when we returned home and for Decades afterward , so for me and my comrades 11/11 is nothing .

Tet, I'm sorry that you and your brothers were t treated the way you were. No veteran of the United States deserves to be treated that way.

Tet the treatment of the Vietnam Vets upon their return stateside was shameful. I've heard it said that Hanoi funneled a ton of money into the anti-war movement-protest.

November Eleventh is Veterans in the U.S. means what ? a sale at the Mall a day off from work a Parade downtown Special attention to Vets in Wheel Chairs , To me it don't mean nothing , as a Vietnam Vet my comrades and I had to put up with the s--t that was thrown at us when we returned home and for Decades afterward , so for me and my comrades 11/11 is nothing .

Didn't the attitude toward the Vietnam veterans change during the late 1980s? The movies depicting the war may have stirred the pot and these movies got a lot of attention. I am thinking about the Platoon, Hamburger Hill and Full Metal Jacket.

Actually those movies did more harm than good it portrait the Vietnam soldier more like a kill crazy soldier than a Red White and Blue Good guy . In reality when a Vietnam Vet was applying for a job he avoided saying he had been to Vietnam or if he had to he learn to say he was a truck driver , mailman , whatever , anything but a combat vet .

Didn't you say in a previous post that you didn't discriminate when you were shooting at an "enemy"? What qualifies as a "kill crazy soldier"?

I'm not sure those movies were supposed to be red, white, and blue flicks...I think they were trying to portray the realities of war. I'm not sure about you, and perhaps this is just my generation, but all that "stars and stripes apple pie" bs went out the window when I got down range. Wrapping loss and brutality in an American flag doesn't change the fact that good people are lost and that it is in fact brutal. But that's just me.

brinktk , we have a problem or you have a problem , I don't / do not like you , I can back up anything I say , in the past I did say we didn't discriminate that's a fact / true , door gunners had a motto it was simple "GET SOME " if you were from my war you could / would understand what that meant !!! , now do us both a favor and take your show on the road .

brinktk , we have a problem or you have a problem , I don't / do not like you , I can back up anything I say , in the past I did say we didn't discriminate that's a fact / true , door gunners had a motto it was simple "GET SOME " if you were from my war you could / would understand what that meant !!! , now do us both a favor and take your show on the road .

See, there you go again with that high and mighty crap. Why do you think everyone has a problem with you? Brinktk made an observation. I do feel bad that your generation was treated the way it was when they returned home. But on the flip side of that coin, you need to forgive and forget. You've held onto a grudge for how many years now? And what good has it done you? Just here alone you've alienated yourself from every other member here - many of us combat veterans of TODAY because of this grudge that you carry. It's time to move on.

See, there you go again with that high and mighty crap. Why do you think everyone has a problem with you? Brinktk made an observation. I do feel bad that your generation was treated the way it was when they returned home. But on the flip side of that coin, you need to forgive and forget. You've held onto a grudge for how many years now? And what good has it done you? Just here alone you've alienated yourself from every other member here - many of us combat veterans of TODAY because of this grudge that you carry. It's time to move on.

Letting go of deeply rooted issues is not always easy and sometimes requires outside help. The Vietnam vets had a particularly negative experience upon returning, that no other group has had the misfortune of sharing to the same extend. Again I suggest the free VA consoling services.

Besides Likely most soldiers weren't at one extreme or the other I.e.: "kill crazy" or "perfect red-white-blue GI" but just a guy doing his duty.

it would be a shame to miss out on one of those free meals.

Last edited:

Talk about wearing your emotions on your sleeve...Like CS said, I made an observation. If you don't like having to actually think then perhaps you should refrain from commenting altogether. IF YOU POST SOMETHING ON AN OPEN FORUM, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO COMMENT ON IT. SOME OF THAT STUFF YOU MAY NOT LIKE...TOUGH COOKIE MR TOUGH GUY WHO CRIES WHEN ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY CHALLENGING!

What you fail to see is that you are claiming good guy status while at the same time admitting to doing things that good guys don't do. It amazes me you fail to make that connection. Of course to do so you might have to look in the mirror which I'm sure you're terrified of doing.

Stop trying so hard to be "the hardened combat vet badass rabble rabble rabble". We aren't a bunch of civilians who are going to bow down to your *******ness. We are soldiers and combat vets ourselves who are going to call you on your b******te. Geeeze....I've never seen such an old crybaby in all my life.

Letting go of deeply rooted issues is not always easy and sometimes requires outside help. The Vietnam vets had a particularly negative experience upon returning, that no other group has had the misfortune of sharing to the same extend. Again I suggest the free VA consoling services. Besides it would be a shame to miss out on one of those free meals.

There's no shame in seeing a shrink. None at all. However he does it, he needs to let go of this hatred that he feels. Otherwise he's going to take it to the grave with him. No one's life is over after they come home from a war. No matter how old you are, there's always a chance to do something extraordinary.

brinktk: Hooah.

Last edited:
There's no shame in seeing a shrink. None at all. However he does it, he needs to let go of this hatred that he feels. Otherwise he's going to take it to the grave with him. No one's life is over after they come home from a war. No matter how old you are, there's always a chance to do something extraordinary.

brinktk: Hooah.

I agree CT the anger will only poison Tets outlook.

I agree CT the anger will only poison Tets outlook.
Actually I think I was a good soldier as was recognized as such but that was a long time ago , when I joined this forum I mistakenly took it to be a military forum , I was wrong its a social circle that's wants to do some military , I have commented on Tarawa the Steppes , ISIS, Afghan , the Ukraine , Russia and wannabes , so I've tried to touch the bases , I provided some interesting conversation pieces and I've been very nice about it ' cause nice is nice .

Are you really this thick headed? I think we've had this conversation with you before, so why do we have to have it again?

If we you and me have had a discussion in the past I'm not aware of it so maybe you can tell me what it was about so we can both know .

If we you and me have had a discussion in the past I'm not aware of it so maybe you can tell me what it was about so we can both know .

About what being on a forum means, and the fact that this isn't basic training. Ring any bells?

Guys, I have him on ignore, I suggest you lot do the same, my blood pressure has come down a hellova lot since ignoring the drivel became the norm. ;)

Back