As Usual

tetvet

Banned
As usual a lot goes by in this forum that is not picked up by this august body . Ben Carson , anyone ever hear of him ? Dr. Ben Carson is beginning to be touted by many to be the next President , this guy is squeaky clean he is very bright and he's black .;-)

As usual a lot goes by in this forum that is not picked up by this august body . Ben Carson , anyone ever hear of him ? Dr. Ben Carson is beginning to be touted by many to be the next President , this guy is squeaky clean he is very bright and he's black .;-)

I would suggest that many many things are not picked up because it is an international forum and the we really don't care about US elections.

I think your views might be 20 years out of date.

I would suggest that much of the world no longer really cares about US politics if they ever did.

To many of us out there the USA is a fading power that remains determined to bankrupt itself clinging to an ideology that has been discredited years ago you are the equivalent of 5th Century Rome.

But by all means cling to the idea that the world cares if that is what it takes to get you to sleep at night.

The U.S. is the only Country that has 11 carrier groups and there are more planes on EACH one of the carriers then most Countries have in their entire Air Force .

I have been made aware on this site of how many on the East side of the Atlantic resent American leadership. However, somebody has to take the leadership role. Somebody has to say, " this is how it is going to go" and others follow. This is true in the herd or the community of nations because if you don't have that there will be another European war as each nation pursues it's own agendas without regard to others. That is what has happened in Europe for centuries.
Right now it appears that the European Community may be deconstructing. Britain may pull out over immigration issues. The dominant influence then becomes Germany. Do you want Germany with it's record dominating the continent?
Now with regard to Dr. Carson" I would be amazed if he makes it as far as a nominating convention of a major party. The financial cost of a Presidential campaign exceeds the GNP of several nations. Without major party support and early support a candidate can't sustain a run.

I have been made aware on this site of how many on the East side of the Atlantic resent American leadership. However, somebody has to take the leadership role. Somebody has to say, " this is how it is going to go" and others follow. This is true in the herd or the community of nations because if you don't have that there will be another European war as each nation pursues it's own agendas without regard to others. That is what has happened in Europe for centuries.
Right now it appears that the European Community may be deconstructing. Britain may pull out over immigration issues. The dominant influence then becomes Germany. Do you want Germany with it's record dominating the continent?
Now with regard to Dr. Carson" I would be amazed if he makes it as far as a nominating convention of a major party. The financial cost of a Presidential campaign exceeds the GNP of several nations. Without major party support and early support a candidate can't sustain a run.

USA is so concerned with its internal difficulties that the motivation to be a superpower has gone down the toilet. In Europe, we need therefore to adapt to a world where a single superpower´s total dominance on the world stage will be something that belongs in the history books.

Yes, the United States will still have the World´s most sophisticated and powerful military machine. And yes, US companies will still be the World´s most innovative. And yes, the American universities will still be the worlds finest. The United States will remain the World´s most attractive country to immigrate to.

But these qualities are hardly enough to reform the political system, despite the modest turnout - when it comes to the Federal Government´s political bodies, i.e. Senate and House of Representatives – could not prevent a little brash and provincial minority in the form of the Tea Party conservatism could take the state of nation and its future hostage.

A deep US financial crisis means that the world no longer has confidence in America´s ability to resolve conflicts. Just look at Afghanistan, where the decision to send more troops was followed by a decision to withdraw them all in a few years. And while the Americans were discussing healthcare to unconsciousness, the great Arab civil war was stuck in a condition not unlike the one we knew from the first world war "No news from the Western Front" and Syria, Lebanon and Egypt awaits.

In WWI hundreds and sometimes thousands died on the battlefields of Europe every day for several years, but no Americans really took care of it. Only when a German submarine shot a torpedo against the passenger ship Lusitania May 7, 1915, where 128 of the 1,200 deaths appeared to be US citizens, did the US go into the war against Germany. And immediately after the Armistice in November 1918, the United States turned back to its familiar isolationism. And it took a Japanese surprise attack before Congress politicians agreed to go to war to become a superpower.

We who like to see the US take on the role as a responsible superpower, must therefore wait until a "Lusitania"- scenario in Syria occurs, which there is little evidence to suggest. The US drone war against terrorists is a real indication that the United States only manage to fulfill a discount war against Islamist terror groups.

But behind this whole barrage of criticism the reality are hiding, and we find it hard to talk about it: the super power is in retreat. Not as a result of what Osama bin Laden´s apprentices have done, but as a consequence of how thinking and policy are carried out in Texas, Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Georgia, Florida.........

As for Europe.

I don´t think you know much on the political situation in Europe in recent times. War in Europe is unthinkable. Germany has always been Europe´s dynamo and Germany is de facto the leader of Europe. We see no problems in that. Germany has long since proved their democratic liability and is today a responsible country that one listens to.

The U.S. long before now has found Europe to be tiresome and a burden not one among them can hold their own against Russia which is the current threat .

The U.S. long before now has found Europe to be tiresome and a burden not one among them can hold their own against Russia which is the current threat .
Russia is a paper tiger, they pretend to be something which has long gone.

And of course you are an expert in European NATO countries' military capabilities.

Do you know at all what role a country like mine played during the Cold War?

What kind of Country would allow one person to go around and kill 94 of its citizens in one afternoon a few years back ? this is not a Country I'd want to depend on . Great Britain is no longer a player and Germany on the continent is the only power to be reckoned with so much for NATO .

What kind of Country would allow one person to go around and kill 94 of its citizens in one afternoon a few years back ? this is not a Country I'd want to depend on . Great Britain is no longer a player and Germany on the continent is the only power to be reckoned with so much for NATO .

What about Sandy Hook, Virginia tech, The movie theater in Colorado, and Columbine? You are residing in a country allowing these events. Germany is financially the most important country in Europe, Germany is the economic engine of the European Union. Militarily they are weaker than GB and France, but that has more to do with the German constitution.

I am not sure that a nation which has a mass shooting on average once every 5 days should be commenting on that one.

Not to mention the 94 deaths were Norwegian and the man you are arguing with is Danish however I did say not to mention that, but maybe Redleg would who knows how he feels about cheap and misdirected shots at his country.

As for the rest who exactly is the enemy of Europe they need to defend themselves from?

Terrorism perhaps, you really don't need much of an army to fight terrorism in your own country, an effective police force and political stability generally works wonders. Maybe the Russians given that the state of the Russian military is such that I doubt it could reach Poland without falling apart I really don't see them as the threat the world once did.

New Zeeland and Australia is two big from USA. Populare countries from all in USA.

MontyB is not strange.

I would like to point that I agree entirely I am not strange however just about everyone else I know disagrees.
:)

However he is correct in saying that our distance from the USA makes us a little bit more impartial as we have to get on with pretty much everyone (except Australia).

Last edited:
In this Great Country most people have the means and or the ability to defend them self 300 million people 100 million privately owned guns Sandy Hook the movie theater in CO don't make a fair comparison to how many bad guys bit the dust shot by private citizens .

In this Great Country most people have the means and or the ability to defend them self 300 million people 100 million privately owned guns Sandy Hook the movie theater in CO don't make a fair comparison to how many bad guys bit the dust shot by private citizens .

Explain the much higher rate of firearm related homicides in the US than in Europe, Australia, NZ, and other democratic countries. So
we cannot compare the mass shootings in the US with the one in Norway? That doesn't hold water.

I would think much would have to do with mindset in America and the Gun in Scandinavia only the bad guys have the guns while the Citizens in Scandinavia are less likely to get shot but if they do they have no recourse to fight back with .

Back