About Uniform of GLA Leader in Command & Conquer Generals Zero
|April 10th, 2005||#1|
| || |
Uniform of GLA Leader in Command & Conquer Generals Zero info
Does anybody know what country the uniform is from or if it is a real uniform at all?
For some reason, my avatar isn't displayed next to my posts. It is however displayed in my profile (at least when I view it).
|April 11th, 2005||#2|
| || |
I don't think that's a real uniform..
It looks like a crossbreed between a Russian and Chinese one??
And for your avatar question:
You'll need to head over to the MilForum PX (Link at the top) and buy the avatar privilege in the special effects store..
|April 11th, 2005||#3|
| || |
Thanks Redleg. Can't afford an avatar yet, unfortunately. Would you be willing to lend me 44 MilBucks?
I used to think the uniform was from some country with mostly desert, or something. I checked some Iranian, Iraqi and Egyptian stuff on the web but they all seem to have green uniforms.
|April 11th, 2005||#4|
| || |
First of all, Command and Conquer Generals is a completely fictitious game. Second of all, Command and Conquer Generals is heavily stereotyped. Third of all, Command and Conquer Generals departed itself away from reality.
1. The American side have the Commanche. Well....the Pentagon will not field the Commanche at all in the near future. In terms of the technology, although there are a few exceptions to several units such as the Predator Drones, Paladin, Night Hawk, B-2, etc in terms of reality....however all of them are not accurate in all details.
2. The Chinese side of course has many stereotypes in there. All the units and the weapons used by the Chinese Side is a completely false. It explains why the Game Developer's has their weaknesses in their knowledge of Foreign Weapons.
3. GLA? Again, its the stereotypes that insults people from the Middle East. I don't believe any organized Splinter Cells and Terrorist Organizations can form such a well-resourceful militia such as the GLA. As for weapons, again, the Developers have their weaknesses in knowledge of several equipments used.
Overall Command and Conquer Generals have captured the minds of many gamers in terms of its Prestigious RTS title, Graphics, and fun...but it is insulting to many people I know who came from Chinese or Arabic backgrounds.
EA GAMES however is attempting to come to a more realistic approach and to continue another popular Franchise known as "Battlefield".
The Game sets in the near future. The sides are USA, China, and the Middle East Coalition. Because of EA Game's knowledge about militaries of other nations are still lacking, but Battlefield 2 at least provides a more closer look to the real thing than Command and Conquer Generals.
Cogito ergo sum
|April 11th, 2005||#6|
| || |
From what I have remembered during 1996, the Command and Conquer Title was such a hit after Command and Conquer Red Alert was released. From then on, I have became a fan of the Command and Conquer series. But as time goes on and as every person ages, I didn't even bother begin going into gaming again.....not unless I have completely nothing to do.
|April 11th, 2005||#7|
| || |
Yea that game has a lot of stereotypes like how the chinese yell, "kill the foreign devils!" But it was released after 9/11 and so america had to seem nice and the gla was needed to be a real threat, not just random rebels. The chinese were the equivalent of the soviets in earlier games, so they had to use the whole mass produced out dated weapons thing. But the game takes place roughly 20 years from now so a lot of those weapons in the game arfe supposed to be high-tech for the US, that's why you see comanches and all.
Afterall, you can't have an rts without balanced sides.
|April 11th, 2005||#8|
| || |
"China will grow larger"
\"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.\"
|April 11th, 2005||#9|
| || |
2. Not all Chinese equipment is false: The Battlemaster is the Type 88 MBT, the Helix is in use with the PLA, but I don't think China is allowed to licence build them in real life. However, it serves a different purpose (anti-sub warfare?). The Inferno Cannon may also be a real SPH (Type 88 perhaps). But yeah. the rest is pretty much fictuous or not in use with the PLA (Mig 1.44). I don't think the Tank Hunter's launcher is even real. What's fairly unstereotypical (as in Chinese only using outdated Soviet-style weaponry), however, is his PASGToid helmet.
3. Yeah, the GLA use either fictional weapons or weapons that would be of no use in a modern battlefield: Scorpion (WWII era Carro Armato P40) and Scud Launcher. Technicals have been used successfully by Chad militiamen against Libyan tanks and other forces in the early 80s.
As for stereotypes: I thought the USA side was stereotyped aswell by making them have hillbilly accents and being über-patriotic: "Destroy everything UnAmerican!", "Enemies of the Free World!" "Carryin' out the law." (This is a quote from the USA POW Truck cut from the final version of the game but featured in www.deezire.net 's ProGen mod.
A really strong case of GLA/Middle eastern sterotyping was GLA mission 4 of Zero:Hour in which you commad a small GLA commando which infiltrates a USA base on the west-coast of the 'States. As you proceed through what looks like a residential suburb there is a block containing houses with stereotypical middle-eastern architecture. Of course, GLA agents come out of those houses to aid you in your mission of raiding American weapons of mass destrcution.
What I found interesting is that the Chinese use weapons tipically used by Americans: DU Rounds (an upgrade for tanks) and Napalm. The GLA POW Truck also says "Find him and blindfold him!", which is a method notably used by coalition forces in the early stages of the Iraq war.
PS: From your flag, I assume you are German and aware on how the German version of Generals was butchered. I've never played it myself but heard that the voices sound robotic and that infantry avatars have implants in their faces which is supposed to make them look like androids. What is your opinion on this -ship? I heard EA complainedabout it and claimed that this was only done as a revenge for the American aggression on Iraq which is ridiculous.
|April 11th, 2005||#10|
| || |
Again, as you have rightfully stated, RTS games require balanced sides for it to be successful in online play.
I have purchased the Box Set thru the Ebay Auctioning site where one person ships worldwide.