Which U.S Branch is best for tanks?

Rayelth

Hello I am 17 in highschool and I'm joining the military. I really want to be a tanker and I was wondering which branch would be the best for that? Also if theres a height limit or anything. I just wanted some profoudn insight from anybody and everybody that would nice. Also some stories if you got any to tell. :salute:

Army. The only other option for tanks would be the Marine Corps, and slots for that are few and far between - USMC only has about 400 tanks, whereas the Army has in excess of 5,000.

I'm an Army tanker and I would highly suggest you go Army if you want to get on a good tank. The Army is the only ones with the newer versions of the M1 (the A2, the SEP, and the SEP Version 2). None of the National Guards have any plans to field the A2, and no Marines have it. The difference between A1 and A2 is night and day. Go Army!

Definitely join the Army if you want to be a tanker. My thoughts on it:

- The role of tanks in the Army is much more aggressive and blitzkrieg in nature. Tanks are primarily a support arm in the Marine Corps.

- Far more tank units in the Army. The opportunities for advancement is much better.

- Also, in the Army you still have the opportunity to be a tanker in either in one of the new structured Combined Arms Battalions or a Armored Cavalry Squadron (not many slots their anymore though).

okay thank you guys for all your advice and input. I didn't now there was a height limit for tanks though apparently i'm too tall at 6'5" so i'm enlisted as infantry now.

okay thank you guys for all your advice and input. I didn't now there was a height limit for tanks though apparently i'm too tall at 6'5" so i'm enlisted as infantry now.

At 6'5, you shouldnt be in military, you should be in the NBA. :wink:

Get going on them jump shots!!!

Back