U.S. Army Infantry

DTop

I am the Infantry--Queen of Battle! For two centuries I have kept our Nation safe, Purchasing freedom with my blood. To tyrants, I am the day of reckoning; to the oppressed, the hope for the future. Where the fighting is thick, there am I…I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!

I was there from the beginning, meeting the enemy face to face, will to will. My bleeding feet stained the snow at Valley Forge; my frozen hands pulled Washington across the Delaware. At Yorktown, the sunlight glinted from the sword and I, begrimed…Saw a Nation born. Hardship…And glory I have known. At New Orleans, I fought beyond the hostile hour, showed the fury of my long rifle…and came of age. I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!

Westward I pushed with wagon trains…moved an empire across the plains…extended freedom's borders and tamed the wild frontier. I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!

I was with Scott at Vera Cruz…hunted the guerilla in the mountain passes…and scaled the high plateau. The fighting was done when I ended my march many miles from the old Alamo.
From Bull Run to Appomattox, I fought and bled. Both Blue and Gray were my colors then. Two masters I served and united them strong…proved that this nation could right a wrong…and long endure. I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!

I led the charge up San Juan Hill…scaled the walls of old Tientsin…and stalked the Moro in the steaming jungle still…always the vanguard, I am the Infantry!

At Chateau-Thierry, first over the top, then I stood like a rock on the Marne. It was I who cracked the Hindenburg Line…in the Argonne, I broke the Kaiser's spine…and didn't come back 'till it was "over, over there." I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!

A generation older at Bataan, I briefly bowed, but then I vowed to return. Assaulted the African shore…learned my lesson the hard way in the desert sands…pressed my buttons into the beach at Anzio…and bounced into Rome with determination and resolve. I am the Infantry!

The English channel, stout beach defenses and the hedgerows could not hold me…I broke out at St. Lo, unbent the Bulge…vaulted the Rhine…and swarmed the Heartland. Hitler's dream and the Third Reich were dead.

In the Pacific, from island to island…hit the beaches and chopped through swamp and jungle…I set the Rising Sun. I am the Infantry!

In Korea, I gathered my strength around Pusan…swept across the frozen Han…outflanked the Reds at Inchon…and marched to the Yalu. FOLLOW ME!

In Vietnam, while others turned aside, I fought the longest fight, from the Central Highlands to the South China Sea I patrolled the jungle, the paddies and the sky in the bitter test that belongs to the Infantry. FOLLOW ME!

Around the world, I stand…ever forward. Over Lebanon's sands, my rifle steady aimed…and calm returned. At Berlin's gates, I scorned the Wall of Shame. I spanned the Caribbean in freedom's cause, answered humanity's call. I trod the streets of Santo Domingo to protect the innocent. In Grenada, I jumped at Salinas, and proclaimed freedom for all. My arms set a Panamanian dictator to flight and once more raised democracy's flag. In the Persian Gulf, I drew the line in the desert, called the tyrant's bluff and restored right and freedom in 100 hours. Duty called, I answered. I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!

My bayonet…on the wings of power… keeps the peace worldwide. And despots, falsely garbed in freedom's mantle, falter…hide. My ally in the paddies and the forest…I teach, I aid, I lead. FOLLOW ME!

Where brave men fight…there fight I. In freedom's cause…I live, I die. From Concord Bridge to Heartbreak Ridge, from the Arctic to the Mekong, to the Caribbean…the Queen of Battle!
Always ready…then, now, and forever.

I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!

HOOAH.

Most of you all know I'm tryin to get branched infantry...get the blue cord..the ranger tab..ahh my dream 8)

I'm signed up for infantry 0300 with the Marines. I am definitely gonna be more than just a basic rifleman 0311. I will either try out for scout sniper or reconaissance then on to Force Recon and maybe even go to the SEALs indoc.

Well, I wish you luck in your endeavors with the Marine Corps. One word of advice I hope you take to heart would be to never ever sell a rifleman short. He is never "just a basic rilfeman".

Pogue, I wish you luck as well. The Infantry is not the easiest way to go but if you like to be challenged, it's a good choice.

[qyote="Devil_dog17"]I'm signed up for infantry 0300 with the Marines. I am definitely gonna be more than just a basic rifleman 0311. I will either try out for scout sniper or reconaissance then on to Force Recon and maybe even go to the SEALs indoc.[/quote]

You need to focus on the 25m target. The only thing the Marine Corps is going to promise you is a life in the infantry, 03 occupational field. That's it. You may not get 0311, there are other MOSes within 03 Occ field. You may or may not have the opportunity to try the Recon Indoc during SOI. S/S will greatly depend on your preformance out in the field, but a lot will also have to do with luck - being in the right place at the right time.

If you want to be a SEAL, go Navy, because you will not become one through the Marine Corps, nor will you attend BUD/S.

"Just a basic rifleman" In the Corps it doesn't matter what your MOS is, you're still "just" a Marine, and the heart of a Marine is "just a rifleman." You are writing checks you can't cash, keep your mouth shut, do what you're told and accel at what's in front of you. Saying "I'm going to" isn't worth jack.

I wanna be a marine first, and more than I want to be a seal. I just think it would be cool if I could but I dont know if I will. I am definititely not joining the Navy just to become a seal. And marines can take the seals indoc.

Devil_Dog17 said:
I wanna be a marine first, and more than I want to be a seal. I just think it would be cool if I could but I dont know if I will. I am definititely not joining the Navy just to become a seal. And marines can take the seals indoc.

The only Marines that go to BUD/S are Marines that have left the Corps and joined the Navy. Quit putting out false information on the forums. If you don't know, don't comment. If you think you know, don't comment.

I suggest you do less talking and more walking.

DTop said:
Pogue, I wish you luck as well. The Infantry is not the easiest way to go but if you like to be challenged, it's a good choice.

you know, Top, this may sound really stupid/ambitious, but I dont' plan on stopping at Infantry...as soon as I hit O-3 Promotable, I want to go through SFAS...

well, before worryin about SFAS and SFQC, I have to worry about GETTING infantry first...man if I don't get that blue cord..

I don't even know what else I'd be happy with...ADA SHORAD maybe..but i still have no clue :?

25m target, branching INF. 50m target, passing Ranger School. The rest will come when it comes. Take things one step at a time, focus on excelling and improving on what is in front of you - and that in itself will open many doors.

Pogue good luck on the blue cord. its a great feeling to wear it knowing what it symbolizes and what you had to do to get it . as far as ranger and higher schools you might want to do airbourne first to get it out of the way first. just a suggestion . :rambo:

I have to agree with you Silent_Grunt_jb. It is an awesome feeling when you cross that parade field after graduation with that Infantry blue cord on. The next awesome thing to do before Airborne school and Ranger school is to qualify for your EIB (Expert Infantry Badge) which I wore proudly once I received it. What was even better was to have it and wear it in the National Guard when I came off active duty. I had ALOT of NGs asking me about it. I had some NG LRRP troops trying to recruit me for their LRRP unit with the little bit of credentials I had. But, to the NGs anything like that is an awesome feet. The best of luck to ALL the future grunts in here. Like TOP said once a grunt ALWAYS a grunt.

Most of the troops in my company have CIB's so and EIB is cool and all but test in peace are cool but doing it in a combat theater is awesome

Back