Two year enlistment

About Two year enlistment

International Military Forums > Military Discussion Forums > Joining the Military? Basic Training and Military Service Questions.
User Name
Password

February 13th, 2008   #1
therise21

Two year enlistment info

Is there a regular two year enlistment? I mean other than National Call to Service? I want to join but I'm not down with a 3 or 4 year enlistment, and I dont like the NCTS stipulations about after your 15 months are over. I would like infantry, and am not interested in a signing bonus as much as educational benefits. Thanks, Matt.

your flaws are your perfection.

February 13th, 2008   #2
Team Infidel

talk to a recruiter. but if all you want to do is dip your feet in the pool, instead of really go swimming, you may want to think about doing it at all.

February 13th, 2008   #3
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by therise21
Is there a regular two year enlistment? I mean other than National Call to Service? I want to join but I'm not down with a 3 or 4 year enlistment, and I dont like the NCTS stipulations about after your 15 months are over. I would like infantry, and am not interested in a signing bonus as much as educational benefits. Thanks, Matt.

do NOT do National Call to Service, Ive seen Dozens of guys get screwed with that deal its not in your best interest at all. And youll do alot more time than what they tell you that you will.

If your wanting education benefits then Id look at somthing a bit more technical than a grunt. Grunts are great but thats not exactly an education in the classroom type field, dont get me wrong in garrison youll have the time to take classes and all but its just not really the type job that works well with school.

February 13th, 2008   #4
A Can of Man

yeah pick an MOS that would have something to do with what you're trying to study if that is at all possible.
If you can't... well pick something that'll give you time to study.

February 13th, 2008   #5
FutureMedic

I'm planning on entering as a 68W (Medic) then going to college then med school, then serving my owed time to the Army.

"You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you."

February 13th, 2008   #6
doc

what made you decide on army medic?

Just meaning out of the medical fields in general?

February 14th, 2008   #7
FutureMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc
what made you decide on army medic?

Just meaning out of the medical fields in general?

I want to be on the front lines and experience what a soldier feels in combat.

February 14th, 2008   #8
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMedic
I want to be on the front lines and experience what a soldier feels in combat.
So the training isnt the reason you decided on army medic? Its just to be on the battlefield as a medic?

February 14th, 2008   #9
doc

Just curious as Ive done mosta the military medical training that can be done as far as collectively.

February 14th, 2008   #10
FutureMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc
So the training isnt the reason you decided on army medic? Its just to be on the battlefield as a medic?

I've always known I wanted to go into the medical profession, I want to get medical experience before I go into med school.