Two year enlistment

As I said Id strongly advise not to do the National Call to Serve deal... they offer you everything except the lube your gonna need when they stick it to ya..

Man you navy guys crack me up.
Bohica... who would have known?

We had a new theater that went up and there was a competition in our brigade to pick a name for it. I suggested "Bohica." I said it's a word of strength, unity and valor said by brave Iroquois warriors during times of great hardship and explained a name like that would be great because not only does it reflect the values that the RoK Marines hold dear but also show that we have no boundaries in finding inspiration. I also said American officers who came to the island would be very surprised and impressed.
They didn't go for it.

Last edited:
lol, I havent heard that in along long time... The ole Green Weenie is a vigilant hunter =)

As I said Id strongly advise not to do the National Call to Serve deal... they offer you everything except the lube your gonna need when they stick it to ya..

thats the thing i dont want to do the NCtS, i want to know if there is a regular two year enlistment period, or if three years is the minimum. I would mostly be interested in infantry but would be open to other options as well.

Doc I haven't heard bohica in 3 days 2 hours and 23 minutes :) I stayed in this Navy town, never to be able to escape.

talk to a recruiter. but if all you want to do is dip your feet in the pool, instead of really go swimming, you may want to think about doing it at all.

Jumping into anything without knowing what your getting into is impulsive and foolish thinking. You gotta know what your getting into before you go in. But this aside anytime you go into any branch in the military be prepared to fight and possibly die for your country.

thats the thing i dont want to do the NCtS, i want to know if there is a regular two year enlistment period, or if three years is the minimum. I would mostly be interested in infantry but would be open to other options as well.

The way Ive seen the national call contracts work is like this:

1. No GI Bill
2. Harder to resign after your time is up if you choose
3. Your time will not start until you finish ALL schooling and get to your 1st command
4.When your time is finished you might not get out right away, you will probably be stuck in processing for a few weeks to a month or two.
5. there is no gurantee you will go infantry, you might spend your whole time doin somthin you never figured you'd do like guard a gate or barracks duty "billetting - sorry bout the spelling there-" Unless its written in paper and even then theres exceptions once you get somewhere.
6. You have a special detailer you have to work through because your contracts are so different.
7.You dont get Your bonus until your time Is totally finished "I think not 100 percent sure on that"

This is just what Ive seen personally from friends I made who were Navy NCtS or "NCS" contracts.

And Ive never been with a naval unit.. Been with the marines every since I enlisted as a corpsman. Last blue side command I saw was corps school in great lakes lol

We're going off-topic, but...

We had a new theater that went up and there was a competition in our brigade to pick a name for it. I suggested "Bohica." I said it's a word of strength, unity and valor said by brave Iroquois warriors during times of great hardship and explained a name like that would be great because not only does it reflect the values that the RoK Marines hold dear but also show that we have no boundaries in finding inspiration. I also said American officers who came to the island would be very surprised and impressed.
Post of the day!!! :thumb:

Just from skimming GoArmy.com (not a place I usually frequent...;-)), enlistment contracts can be anywhere from two to six years.

The way Ive seen the national call contracts work is like this:

1. No GI Bill
2. Harder to resign after your time is up if you choose
3. Your time will not start until you finish ALL schooling and get to your 1st command
4.When your time is finished you might not get out right away, you will probably be stuck in processing for a few weeks to a month or two.
5. there is no gurantee you will go infantry, you might spend your whole time doin somthin you never figured you'd do like guard a gate or barracks duty "billetting - sorry bout the spelling there-" Unless its written in paper and even then theres exceptions once you get somewhere.
6. You have a special detailer you have to work through because your contracts are so different.
7.You dont get Your bonus until your time Is totally finished "I think not 100 percent sure on that"

This is just what Ive seen personally from friends I made who were Navy NCtS or "NCS" contracts.

And Ive never been with a naval unit.. Been with the marines every since I enlisted as a corpsman. Last blue side command I saw was corps school in great lakes lol

Man, I think I'd rather clean porta potties.

Back