Two year enlistment

therise21

Is there a regular two year enlistment? I mean other than National Call to Service? I want to join but I'm not down with a 3 or 4 year enlistment, and I dont like the NCTS stipulations about after your 15 months are over. I would like infantry, and am not interested in a signing bonus as much as educational benefits. Thanks, Matt.

talk to a recruiter. but if all you want to do is dip your feet in the pool, instead of really go swimming, you may want to think about doing it at all.

Is there a regular two year enlistment? I mean other than National Call to Service? I want to join but I'm not down with a 3 or 4 year enlistment, and I dont like the NCTS stipulations about after your 15 months are over. I would like infantry, and am not interested in a signing bonus as much as educational benefits. Thanks, Matt.

do NOT do National Call to Service, Ive seen Dozens of guys get screwed with that deal its not in your best interest at all. And youll do alot more time than what they tell you that you will.

If your wanting education benefits then Id look at somthing a bit more technical than a grunt. Grunts are great but thats not exactly an education in the classroom type field, dont get me wrong in garrison youll have the time to take classes and all but its just not really the type job that works well with school.

yeah pick an MOS that would have something to do with what you're trying to study if that is at all possible.
If you can't... well pick something that'll give you time to study.

I'm planning on entering as a 68W (Medic) then going to college then med school, then serving my owed time to the Army.

what made you decide on army medic?

Just meaning out of the medical fields in general?

Just curious as Ive done mosta the military medical training that can be done as far as collectively.

So the training isnt the reason you decided on army medic? Its just to be on the battlefield as a medic?

I've always known I wanted to go into the medical profession, I want to get medical experience before I go into med school.

I say this not as a prejudice but as truth then... the navy is probably your best route.

The medical training is day and night better.. Im in the navy and Ive done all the training at bridgeport, naval trauma, army flight medical.. even did 18 delta. Fleet marine corpsman (aka marine corps line corpsman) will give you a more rounded medical experience than the army will hands down.

oooor if your really hardcore, NEC 8427 (SARC) Special Amphbious Reconaissance Corpsman or Recon IDC and be a Force Recon Corpsman.

I've thought about Navy, but I don't want to be stuck in a hospital ward, if I were to go Navy, I would get FMF in my contract.

I've thought about Navy, but I don't want to be stuck in a hospital ward, if I were to go Navy, I would get FMF in my contract.

Lol Ive never set foot in a hospital besides working with my marines.... never seen a ship besides when it was takin me somewhere and droppin me off.

Now days your basically guranteed to go green side if you want it, marines are low on corpsman. Recon is only half manned medically at the moment.

Lol Ive never set foot in a hospital besides working with my marines.... never seen a ship besides when it was takin me somewhere and droppin me off.

Now days your basically guranteed to go green side if you want it, marines are low on corpsman. Recon is only half manned medically at the moment.

Recon corpsman would be my goal if I were to join the Navy.

I want to be on the front lines and experience what a soldier feels in combat.

Thats easy, light a match in a room filled with natural gas, shoot yourself several times in various parts of your body, jump out of a moving car at 60 mph. drink a gallon of peptobismol, chase it down with a bottle of Maylox. overcook your breakfast till its black, and make the coffee so strong that if nothing else kills you the coffee will
:) after all that have a nice day :)

Thats easy, light a match in a room filled with natural gas, shoot yourself several times in various parts of your body, jump out of a moving car at 60 mph. drink a gallon of peptobismol, chase it down with a bottle of Maylox. overcook your breakfast till its black, and make the coffee so strong that if nothing else kills you the coffee will
:) after all that have a nice day :)

Maybe when I'm alone and bored. :lol:

recon corpsman isnt a bad gig, lol Im pretty familiar with the pipeline still wasnt very long ago I was in it and it hasnt changed much.

talk to a recruiter. but if all you want to do is dip your feet in the pool, instead of really go swimming, you may want to think about doing it at all.

No i want to go swimming, i just dont want to be tied up for that long, and reenlistment is always an option.

Back