Is it true that Women cant join the Us army for a combat role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disregard the previous poster's comments. He is only 13 years old and can't even spell.

Who apparently thinks it's cake walk to hump a 249 or a Pig with all it's accoutrements up a moutain while carrying his own gear after 2 hours of sleep in the rain and no rations because the helos are grounded.

This thread is surreal!

Why not just delete his post? Not only was it useless but it was incorrect.

A SAW gunner is just that, a m249 SAW gunner. The m60 is no longer in service. It was replaced by the m240b. And yes, 03 was right. Humping a SAW isn't as peachy as you think. 10 miles into a ruck march and you will be damning that thing to hell. As for humping a 240..it builds character.

Another theory that i think is valid would be the fact that "male only" platoons and such only require facilities for males, but if females where to enlist in the combat orrientated roles the military would have to provide more gender specific facilities in an unstable area, increasing the cost of already un-popular wars..

i think that cost would be a large and convincing factor.

QUOTE:

"Weight means little when you can manipulate force"

Tell me... when, in the chaos of battle, along with the confusion and fear, will you be able to focus and manipulate the force of a man who is probably much larger than you into a position for him to surrender or die?

Last edited:
I know a few females who keep tossing up the question "why can't I do that combat job?" The costs is one I agree on for those members who have mentioned that earlier. But sometimes I think that people forget the United States Armed Forces is not a Equal Opportunity employer. That being said, I am sure that there are females who maybe able to do a combat job but the Armed Services are not going to pick favorites, I mean how could you enforce a no females policy but at the same time make that one in a million exception?

I am not being sexists, just saying, also it may have been mention earlier in this thread, but wouldnt throwing females into nasty situations in a war zone may put lives at increased risk and danger?

Why can't women fulfill full combat roles? Because a woman is not able to haul 40kg through a combat zone, because at 6.5 i weigh a 91kg, with combat gear thats almost 120kg, a woman will never drag me out if i'm wounded.

Women are not physically prepared for the harsh regime of combat and forget bullsh*t movies like G.I.Jane, here in Poland we have women on equal footing and its a joke.

They have a problem hauling SSWs, when the squad is running its 6th mile in full gear they're out etc.

Pilots, nurses, drivers? Why not. Combat line troops? Never.

women are bared from combat but they still do fight many a women have been in a firefights just not derectly. If your working on a hummer and your a mechanic you still have a gun and your still in the combat zone if someones attacking you have a right to defend yourself.:camo:Thats just one of the examples. If you want to fight than get a job that lets you work in the combat zone then bust off a few caps in there derection. Me i want to be a SAW (or Squad Automatic Weapon) thats right im gonna carry the big gun m60,m249 you name it i'll carry it. I dont care if im a big target because of the big crack gun im carrying BRINGITOWWN!!!!!!! hope this helps
:rockin:
-the cpl.

I can tel by this post that I'd rather have Britney along side me in combat than you, sorry but anybody in the unit I was in that "bust a few caps in their direction" usually killed a friendly or got themselves killed due to the fact they had no friggin idea what or where they were shooting, Its not the size of the weapon, its the person holding it.
Britney I'm not sure if the Army or Marines would put you in a combat mos, but the Navy would put you on a ship, which may see combat, and probably ( if your the right NEC) send you ashore to support the land forces in some way or another, which means combat mos/nec or not you might see combat.

Last edited:
I can tel by this post that I'd rather have Britney along side me in combat than you,
I can tell that you've never been in the army and if you claim you have you're lying, next time think before you post, but then again half of these boards is filled with kids who become SAS when they log online.
sorry but anybody in the unit I was in that "bust a few caps in their direction" usually killed a friendly or got themselves killed due to the fact they had no friggin idea what or where they were shooting,
Wow, were you in African militia or are you just making things up?
Its not the size of the weapon, its the person holding it.
Have you ever heard of the weight to mass ratio and kickback? Ever seen a 5.3 foot lightly build girl shoot an SSW? Its bad enough when its a relatively light piece like the Minimi, if its a PKM or an M60 it gets sad, even with the bipod.

Firing without the bipod is just impossible for such a person, hauling a weapon thats 1/6th of her weight is not fun either, she will get tired much earlier then the rest of the squad, slow down everyone and have herself slower reaction time with a weapon she cant reliable use due to her slight frame, and thats when you dont mention all the gear that she's supposed to haul and which can reach up to 80% of her body weight.

Before you write another bullcrap post to me stop and think for a second.

Doesnt matter, he still posted what amounts to rubbish. "Its not the size of a weapon, its the person that matters".

Last edited:
So long as the woman is trained, I don't care. Maybe I did earlier, but, if she's trained and if she's willing to go in, she really can't complain when she gets out.

Ya know some people may not have a clue what I did or didn't do in the NAVY, not Army so they can stfu till they have a clue, but I have personally seen a woman carry just as much as any man can. I watch a woman pick up a UH1 mrb and hand it to me so we could get out of a combat area, so nobody can tell me that Britney can't do any job she wants to. Its already been proven that a woman can do whatever a man can do. so all the movie girls aside, Britney is simply a young woman who wants to defend her country.

Ya know some people may not have a clue what I did or didn't do in the NAVY, not Army so they can stfu till they have a clue,
Yes i bet you were a seal, a marine and a secret agent, that is when your service in men in black fighting aliens allowed you.

Dont get me wrong but if you're joyfully ignorant of such basic facts as weapons kickback affecting people with less body mass and consequent accuracy or body/weight ratios then no you havent been in an army and if you have you were pushing papers and the only training you got was the fire drill.
but I have personally seen a woman carry just as much as any man can. I watch a woman pick up a UH1 mrb and hand it to me so we could get out of a combat area,
Really? Well i 've seen women collapse after 6 miles with the PKM, during practice a lady could not pick us up (what if i were really wounded?).

I'm not saying women are some retarded creatures that cannot push a button but they have less muscles on them, thats how nature created them and in a combat situation that requires endurance they do and will slow down their male compatriots.

I'm all for women in the military in the roles that do not require them to endure the same effort as men.
so nobody can tell me that Britney can't do any job she wants to. Its already been proven that a woman can do whatever a man can do. so all the movie girls aside, Britney is simply a young woman who wants to defend her country.
Kudos for Britney, if she wants to defend her country my hat off, i always respect patriots i'm just pointing out that line service is dangerous and she will fall short regardless of training.

Also Merry Xmas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back