Is it true that Women cant join the Us army for a combat role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How reflective of the job.

:p Well you know how the army likes to prepare for the unseen ^^

I can understand vocabulary, mathematics a little bit though- but as far as car shopping knowledge why would anyone but a mechanic find that info useful?

I'm sure you did well in whatever test you took. But it sounds like you've only taken a part (subtest) of the ASVAB test. If you looked at the first link I provided you would have found this description. If you haven't taken all these subtests, you haven't taken the ASVAB test yet.

The Army converts the ASVAB subtest scores into 10 composite score areas, known as "line scores." The line scores determine what job(s) an individual qualifies for. The ASVAB subtests are: General Science (GS); Arithmetic Reasoning (AR); Word Knowledge (WK); Paragraph Comprehension (PC); Numerical Operations (NO); Coding Speed (CS); Auto and Shop Information (AS); Mathematics Knowledge (MK); Mechanical Comprehension (MC); Electronics Information (EI); and Sum of Word Knowledge and Paragraph Comprehension (VE). Army Line Scores are determined as follows:

CL—Clerical—VE+AR+MK

CO—Combat—AR+CS+AS+MC

EL—Electronics—GS+AR+MK+EI

FA—Field Artillery—AR+CS+MK+MC

GM—General Maintenance—GS+AS+MK+EI

GT—General Technical—VE+AR

MM—Mechanical Maintenance—NO+AS+MC+EI

OF—Operators and Food—VE+NO+AS+MC

SC—Surveillance and Communications—VE+AR+AS+MC

ST—Skilled Technical—GS+VE+MK+MC

I've listed the jobs that I'm most familiar with and their minimum ASVAB scores, for your edification. If you need more click on this LINK.

MOS/Job Title ASVAB Line Score Required

11B -- Infantryman CO=90
11C -- Indirect Fire Infantryman CO=90
11H-- Heavy Anti--armor Weapons Infantryman CO=90
11M - Fighting Vehicle Infantryman CO=90

16P--CHAPARRAL Crewmember OF=100

18B--Special Forces Weapons Sergeant GT=110 and CO=100
18C--Special Forces Engineer Sergeant GT=110 and CO=100
18D--Special Forces Medical Sergeant GT=110 and ST=100
18E--Special Forces Communications Sergeant GT=100 and SC=100

27G--CHAPARRAL and REDEYE Repairer EL=95

*BTW, if you want to see combat these days, how does convoy security sound to you? MPs often pull this duty and that MOS is open to females. You're likely to see more than your fill of fighting.

Last edited:
I was referring to the fact that Women have a much lower standard then men when it comes to push ups..

Yes, you do. But would you have a lower standard for having to move heavy objects in a combat situation? You referenced GI Jane - which, besides being an awful movie and a terrible representation of the issues involved with women in combat, includes something very important. Demi Moore's character asks to be held to the same standard as the men. So, if you're this gung-ho about combat, and are so emphatic that a woman can do it, perhaps you should hold yourself to the same standard as those that are already out there doing the job.

Yes, you do. But would you have a lower standard for having to move heavy objects in a combat situation? You referenced GI Jane - which, besides being an awful movie and a terrible representation of the issues involved with women in combat, includes something very important. Demi Moore's character asks to be held to the same standard as the men. So, if you're this gung-ho about combat, and are so emphatic that a woman can do it, perhaps you should hold yourself to the same standard as those that are already out there doing the job.

Dude thats blasphemy, GI Jane was a great movie!

As for the pushups yeah i used to be much better at them, and in my experience im still better then most boys at them at my school. But like i said the standard for girls is much lower so i never saw the point in advancing my ability because no mater what i did i couldn't change what others had decided a long time ago. I focused on improving other areas, and practicing my martial arts skill, and maintaining the final APFT qualifying level of pushups.

What did i say that was so offensive? I'm still rather sore you said my attitude sucked..

@Dtop

Yeah i sure dont remember anything like that, but i think i know what your referring to. When the recruiter was talking to me he said that id be sent to a hotel to demonstrate my physical skills after i took a much longer asvab test which i am assuming is the one your talking about.

I thought about somthing other than infantry..because it looks like ill never be able to get in because of the current rules now, but to be honest i cant stand anything that involves being cramped in the same spot for hours ( i dont know how tankers do it, id kill myself!) So i really dont know how to proceed now.. ever since i was little i wanted be be infantry..i guess it was all those movies.

Are medics that travel with the people that fight considered a combat mos too?

Dont want to burst in here like this and woman bash or anything. But i did a paper on working relations between woman working toghter with other woman and men with other men and woman with men.

In all the research i did i could see that most woman can do all the jobs men do, aslong as they are not fysically demanding. When the fisical stuf kicked in there is a difference. Also when woman are working toghter with ohter woman there is trouble, dont want to insult anyone, but gossip, backtalk and envy are a recurring occurence on the workfield. While there can be problems between men, they are going to let each other know if they have a problem with each other, so things get fixed quiker, and envy does not happen that much, so i guess this is a +1 in a combat related situation.

And last but not least, and i think this is an important factor for not letting any woman in a combot mos in most countries. If you put men and women toghter in a working place there is trouble. The men will try to protect the women, a lot of the men wil get distracted, most females know this and some wil take advantace of it. Infighting between the men will start to happen, jealousy, ...
Also as stated before a lot of women will gossip more, backtalk etc, and because of this a trust issue can happen, and i think thats is the last thing you would want to happen in a combat situation.

I hope you can undertand what i just said here, my englisch isnt that good.

I dont want to say women cant do the stuff men can do, but you have to agree there are major differences ( there are exeptionts offcourse) and in most workplaces this isnt a big deal. But when you are being fired at, it will become a big deal.

Any MOS imbedded with a unit designated for direct combat with the enemy is limited to males. It may be frustrating but it does make sense.

Whatever the offense to feminists and naive civilian notions of political correctness, the rationale for gender inequality on the battlefield is well founded, and acknowledged by virtually every army in the world. The facts are that on average, young women have only half the upper body strength and two thirds the cardiovascular capacity of male soldiers. Infantry soldiers go into battle lugging up to 75 pounds of equipment be it weapons, ammunition, flak jacket, helmet, rucksack and other essential items even as they are being shot at. Believe me, in combat, strength and endurance (beyond what most civilians can imagine) are essential to winning and surviving (bluntly defined as killing the enemy), staying alive and keeping your buddies alive, at the same time.

So, beyond any cultural and psychological factors (including the primordial male bonding indispensable to unit cohesion in battle), the brutal physical requirements of ground warfare still argue persuasively for keeping those units intended for close combat with the enemy all male.

Perhaps some series of technological advances will change this in the future. As it stands now and based on my experience, this is the way it is and the way it needs to stay.

Yeah im sure i could if i had the same high class training. I've practice martial arts with my guy friends and Ive won my fair share of times.

Haven't any of you seen GI Jane?

I doubt you could. I've lost in "martial arts" to girls too, but that's because I wasn't going to sit there and whip the sh*t out of them. Bottom line, females are not physically equal to males and won't be allowed in the Infantry or Combat MOS's. Find something else to do.

Why do you say men can survive better?
Maybe not overall, but in combat, YES. Live with it. It's not going to change.

Yeah im sure i could if i had the same high class training. I've practice martial arts with my guy friends and Ive won my fair share of times.
Yeeeeeah. Right. I'm sure you did. Listen Britney the fact is that most American/Euorpian men don't go all out and beat the crap out of women. It's the way most men are raised. But in other parts of the world, after they capture you, they might stone you to death or worse, break your arms and legs and then rape you repeatedly! The Muslims in Indonesia tend to do that more than those in the Middle East.

Years back I watched this one tree-hugger chick brag about how she could kick all of our butts (I was on a crew clearing a road for a small mining venture). She was attending a local college, she was even a recognized black belt (I forget the MA she had it in, and it was several BB even then). Well Britney, she went up against the foreman of the crew, who was always drunk off his ass, she hit him once, and the next kick she tried he snapped her leg in the calf and knee. By the time he was done with her the only value her black belts had was keeping her together long enough to get her to the hospital. And the foreman was drunk! Did it matter any? Not really. Instead, once she hit him all bets were off and she lost.

Knowing martial arts doesn't mean jack squat. In my college days I punched this one Japanese kid that bragged about being some kind of a belt in karate. He was dancing around and doing all these fancy moves when I stepped forward and punched his lights out.

Go learn street fighting, THEN consider yourself that you can fight. That's all I can say.

Haven't any of you seen GI Jane?
Yeah I saw it. I think it was the worse B flic I ever saw!

I'm 5'5 and 118lbs.
Aw hell Britney, you're light enough I could take you, while you're steaming hot mad, toss you over my shoulder like a sack of taters and STILL go to town for coffee!

Ive never really worked as hard on push ups as anything else, because i dont see the point.. As long as the rules are in place it doesnt mater if i can do 42, i still wont be allowed to fight.
Work on them! No ifs ands or buts about it- work on them!

I'm just as fit as the requirements for men, with the exception for pushups- but i can just as well get my score up on that too.
Work on it!

The practice asvab i did i scored 58, its not the best but you only need 34ish points to get into infantry.
I suggest you work a lot harder on your ASVAB scores. 58 doesn't sound like much to me.

I'm just as capable as men, why shouldn't i be allowed in?
Why complain about it? Work on improving yourself, then enlist. And when you're enlisted, work harder. PROVE YOURSELF TO THEM! Don't just walk up to the recruiter and tell him "I can do that!", enlist and THEN prove it! Talk is cheap.

I've been pushing myself hard for the latter half of my teen life only to find out i cant be what i wanted to be. I feel like i broke my limits so many times, and busted my brain trying to learn all the skills i can so i would be accepted into the MOS i wanted, and then i find out oops- i cant. It just ticks me off so much..
Who says you can't? Just because they say it now? Like I said, you gotta prove yourself to them. Just saying you can do it doesn't mean diddly doo ha to them guys, instead, show them what you can do, and things will change.

Last edited:
I doubt you could. I've lost in "martial arts" to girls too, but that's because I wasn't going to sit there and whip the sh*t out of them. Bottom line, females are not physically equal to males and won't be allowed in the Infantry or Combat MOS's. Find something else to do.

I can do everything you can do, if i can pass the APFT whats the problem?

Your saying you take it 'easy' on them because they are 'soft and delicate girls'? Thats just insulting.. i can take anything anyone can dish out and return it with interest. Ive had ribs broken on multiple occasions during sparing practices, thats really not getting it taken easy- and thats just how i like it. I hate the thought of anyone 'taking it easy' on me- whats the point of practices and training if you cant test yourself?

If your worried about women not being able to handle the same quality of training then why do other countries allow it? If Women really couldn't do it- why would they handicap themselves with 'unequal' members?

I still stand by if i can do it- i deserve to be given a fair shot. If i cant do it just drop me like any other recruit, or recycle me until i can.

I can already meet the APFT for male standards on running and situps- and half of the pushups. Ive seen a kid that was 110 pass into airborne school and graduate, why couldnt i?

Maybe not overall, but in combat, YES. Live with it. It's not going to change.

Yeeeeeah. Right. I'm sure you did. Listen Britney the fact is that most American/Euorpian men don't go all out and beat the crap out of women. It's the way most men are raised. But in other parts of the world, after they capture you, they might stone you to death or worse, break your arms and legs and then rape you repeatedly! The Muslims in Indonesia tend to do that more than those in the Middle East.
Why are you mocking me? I'm so sick of the mean sprited bashing from people, i have said nothing derogatory, or that could be taken as a insult to deserve that sort of ridicule. I am not afrid of anything or anyone, i say bring on the adversity. Histroy has proven that when faced with the threat of pain and death unpon surounder that people will fight all the harder. I would protect my people all the same, regaurdless of anything 'threats'.

Years back I watched this one tree-hugger chick brag about how she could kick all of our butts (I was on a crew clearing a road for a small mining venture). She was attending a local college, she was even a recognized black belt (I forget the MA she had it in, and it was several BB even then). Well Britney, she went up against the foreman of the crew, who was always drunk off his ass, she hit him once, and the next kick she tried he snapped her leg in the calf and knee. By the time he was done with her the only value her black belts had was keeping her together long enough to get her to the hospital. And the foreman was drunk! Did it matter any? Not really. Instead, once she hit him all bets were off and she lost.
I can appreciate you not taking it easy on her, but i can assure you i would be more than a match for her too. Weight means little when you can manipulate force, and from the sounds of it shes no black belt ( at least none Ive heard of) she sounds like a rookie to me. I took karate when i was younger, when it was one of the more famous martial arts. One thing is it relies a lot on grappling and takes a lot of strength to perform, the entire concept about Karate was defence. It only shines when you are faces with a aggressor- it is not a offensive set of techniques. Some of the variants are much more effective, but its still a defensive style from my experience of it. I was always taught never to pick fights, that was drilled into our heads since day one, it was to be "Used purely in self defence, and the defence of others". Using her style in a aggressive fight doesn't not sound like anything a black belt would do, they are supposed to be model students. Speaking from my experience only, i have no idea how the art is applied in other dojos, but i dont see how it could be much different. I never advanced beyond Blue ( lower mid ) due to family reasons ( and some personal ones) . If she really is a black belt ( witch i cant see how its possible with someone that picks fights) there is no way she could be anything more than a a lower degree of it. If her school was anything like mine you would be doing her a favor in reporting her. It is strictly forbidden to instigate a fight in the practice of Karate, those who do are punished or expelled for it ( at least in our school, witch held on to many of the original values)

Are you sure you heard her right when she said black belt? I just find it hard that someone so undisciplined would be.

More on point is that i am not her, i could tell you a somewhat similar story that happened to me- but would that describe your ability? I sure wouldn't think so.

Knowing martial arts doesn't mean jack squat. In my college days I punched this one Japanese kid that bragged about being some kind of a belt in karate. He was dancing around and doing all these fancy moves when I stepped forward and punched his lights out.
Dancing around? Karate was about steadfast and manipulative movement to divert force, the only time we would 'dance' was when we side stepped to deflect or manipulate, ro to put a knee into the stomach.

On a offnote...you sure do like to do a lot of fighting..

Go learn street fighting, THEN consider yourself that you can fight. That's all I can say.
LOL! "street" You mean like pushing your opponents knee the wrong way with your foot? I find that completely void of any artistry, and somewhat barbaric. If there is a style called "Street" i think its only taught through desperation. Yes i do know a few techniques that could be described as "street" and yes they are effective when its a "do or die" situation, but i find it humorous you would say that..lol.

Thats blaspamy, you need to repent.

Aw hell Britney, you're light enough I could take you, while you're steaming hot mad, toss you over my shoulder like a sack of taters and STILL go to town for coffee!

You said yourself that 'its not going to change' That was my approach to pushups, whats it going to mater when i wouldn't get anything other then logistical occupations not nearly worth anything to me compared to infantry.. I was born to fight, and i was born to kill the enemies of my people. Even if i show my recruiter a perfect score by the male standard- its not going to mean anything besides 300$ in additional pay a month.

Work on it!

I suggest you work a lot harder on your ASVAB scores. 58 doesn't sound like much to me.
I think its two differnt asvabs, the one i took the average score for my age was 39 and the recruiter said most MOS would be at the 40 levle.

Why complain about it? Work on improving yourself, then enlist. And when you're enlisted, work harder. PROVE YOURSELF TO THEM! Don't just walk up to the recruiter and tell him "I can do that!", enlist and THEN prove it! Talk is cheap.
..why do i feel like a 180 in disposition? o_O

Who says you can't? Just because they say it now? Like I said, you gotta prove yourself to them. Just saying you can do it doesn't mean diddly doo ha to them guys, instead, show them what you can do, and things will change.

I would like nothing better than to disprove everyone that says otherwise. I just dont see how i would get the chance to, because im not a male i wont get the same challenges males get- ill get 2nd rate wimpy course- just like in PE...

You know, the first half of what you said really made me upset, but the 2nd half seemed like it was a different person..that was nice.. I'm sorry if i misread, or took somthing the wrong way- but that really made me upset :/

Last edited:

Your saying you take it 'easy' on them because they are 'soft and delicate girls'?
Nope. I'm not saying that at all.

Thats just insulting.. i can take anything anyone can dish out and return it with interest.
I'm sure you can.

If your worried about women not being able to handle the same quality of training then why do other countries allow it? If Women really couldn't do it- why would they handicap themselves with 'unequal' members?
LOL! *I* have no worries like that in the least! Go ask the other countries what the story is. I can tell you what I've seen. Ya get these women's liberation nut jobs that whine whine whine "we want equal rights! we demand equal rights!" yet when they are put in a position where they have equal rights, they back off and demand a protected status.

I still stand by if i can do it- i deserve to be given a fair shot. If i cant do it just drop me like any other recruit, or recycle me until i can.
Everyone deserves a fair shot, you included Britney. Sadly the military doesn't see it that way.

I can already meet the APFT for male standards on running and situps- and half of the pushups. Ive seen a kid that was 110 pass into airborne school and graduate, why couldnt i?
I think because that kid got in and proved himself.
What do you think?

Why are you mocking me? I'm so sick of the mean sprited bashing from people, i have said nothing derogatory, or that could be taken as a insult to deserve that sort of ridicule. I am not afrid of anything or anyone, i say bring on the adversity. Histroy has proven that when faced with the threat of pain and death unpon surounder that people will fight all the harder. I would protect my people all the same, regaurdless of anything 'threats'.
I'm not mocking you. I'm trying to point out that you're not fighting a man or men in this campaign. You're fighting a system that has hundreds of years of history backing it up. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that until you go in and prove them wrong, they're right. And no matter how much you hollar scream or squeal, it ain't gonna change.

LOL! "street" You mean like pushing your opponents knee the wrong way with your foot? I find that completely void of any artistry, and somewhat barbaric. If there is a style called "Street" i think its only taught through desperation. Yes i do know a few techniques that could be described as "street" and yes they are effective when its a "do or die" situation, but i find it humorous you would say that..lol.
I can see right of the bat you have no concept of street fighting. You don't "push your opponents knee the wrong way", instead you introduce his face to the gravel UNDERNEATH the street you're on. No rules, no techniques, just vicious hard core fighting.

Thats blaspamy, you need to repent.
I think I'll just smile and tell you "no comment!" LOL!

You said yourself that 'its not going to change' That was my approach to pushups, whats it going to mater when i wouldn't get anything other then logistical occupations not nearly worth anything to me compared to infantry.. I was born to fight, and i was born to kill the enemies of my people. Even if i show my recruiter a perfect score by the male standard- its not going to mean anything besides 300$ in additional pay a month.

Work on it!
I think I covered this already when I told you about the system.

..why do i feel like a 180 in disposition? o_O
It's not.

I would like nothing better than to disprove everyone that says otherwise. I just dont see how i would get the chance to, because im not a male i wont get the same challenges males get- ill get 2nd rate wimpy course- just like in PE...
Then prove me wrong.

You know, the first half of what you said really made me upset, but the 2nd half seemed like it was a different person..that was nice.. I'm sorry if i misread, or took somthing the wrong way- but that really made me upset :/
Sorry it seems that way, but I said it for a reason.

Your saying you take it 'easy' on them because they are 'soft and delicate girls'? Thats just insulting.. i can take anything anyone can dish out and return it with interest. Ive had ribs broken on multiple occasions during sparing practices, thats really not getting it taken easy- and thats just how i like it. I hate the thought of anyone 'taking it easy' on me- whats the point of practices and training if you cant test yourself?

You can't do everything I can do. Heres why:
You got a 58 on the practice ASVAB, I got a 93 on the REAL thing
You do like 20 something pushups(don't remember), I can easily triple that
You say you can fight like me, I would hate to burst your bubble but......
You are 5'5'' 118lbs, I'm 5'10" 180, I can do ALOT more than you with that
You could probably bench 40lbs, I'll easily put up 250 now.

What else would you like to talk about Britney? Because bottome line, it seems you are very determinated and heart set on being an 11B(which is highly respectable), but you will never be able to do everything a man can do. And vice versa. Once again, find something else to do. Be a cop.

But if i can pass the same tests given to everyone else that applies to 11b, i dont see any reasons to refusing to being allowed to apply.

That right there is enough to tell me that you are better off not being in the Infantry. Like the guy and his 150-pound nonsense.

I was a 150-pound Infantry soldier, squad leader, etc. I don't give a damn what you can do or cannot do. The physical tests the Infantry standardizes are absolutely NOTHING compared to the real demands. Figure over 70 pounds of gear, another 15 pounds of MOPP 4, boots absolutely caked in mud, trying to breathe through your pro mask, talk on the radio, shoot, and plan your next moves all at the same time while running, running, running, up, down, up, down...

There is no woman I have ever met, including all in my Martial Arts classes, that even come close to measuring up. You are simply not built to handle the consistent rigors of 11 bulletstopper life. Hell, even WE can't handle it! My back and hips are forever screwed, and I have severe arthritis in all my knee and hip joints at 39 years old.

But that is just one reason of about a million that women should never be allowed in a combat role.

I am not sexist, I am not even gender-specific. The simple matter of the fact (yes, that was purposely) is that only the best are on the line where the metal hits the meat. For this particular business, women (and most men) are not the best for the job. I want only the best. I was only the best. Every soldier I worked with was the consumate professional, but when it came down to it, we'd eat babies for each other. Not many have that attitude.

But this is akin to the .45 v. 9mm debate, legalizing gay marriage, and Universal Healthcare - so I offered my points as an Infantry troop, and I will bow out and leave y'all to whatever bickering entertains you.

Dude thats blasphemy, GI Jane was a great movie!

As for the pushups yeah i used to be much better at them, and in my experience im still better then most boys at them at my school. But like i said the standard for girls is much lower so i never saw the point in advancing my ability because no mater what i did i couldn't change what others had decided a long time ago. I focused on improving other areas, and practicing my martial arts skill, and maintaining the final APFT qualifying level of pushups.

What did i say that was so offensive? I'm still rather sore you said my attitude sucked..

@Dtop

Yeah i sure dont remember anything like that, but i think i know what your referring to. When the recruiter was talking to me he said that id be sent to a hotel to demonstrate my physical skills after i took a much longer asvab test which i am assuming is the one your talking about.

I thought about somthing other than infantry..because it looks like ill never be able to get in because of the current rules now, but to be honest i cant stand anything that involves being cramped in the same spot for hours ( i dont know how tankers do it, id kill myself!) So i really dont know how to proceed now.. ever since i was little i wanted be be infantry..i guess it was all those movies.

Are medics that travel with the people that fight considered a combat mos too?

Thought to add this -

The APFT qualifying level should always be the same for men and women. If I have to do 92/82 for a 300, then so should you. Infantry or cook or clergyman, the uniform should demand standards be the same and quit this sliding scale crap. Alas, that would offend too many with their entitlement crap.

It is refreshing to hear a lady claim that she feels the same.

Now, let's talk about whether or not Basic Training is really the same as all other MOS's...

LMAO!

It's not - believe me. We have it much, much harder. No time out cards or stress cards or water breaks when it is too hot to stand in formation. My DS beat the crap out of us - literally. His attitude was that if we complained to the CO and he was counseled, then he'd weed the moaners out and fail them. And he did. He gave NO ONE any quarter.

But he made men, not the boy toys the Army seems to be producing these days.

Still, if you really want to open a can of worms, start in on a non-combat arms MOS about Infantry Basic, grab some popcorn, and watch it fly! Great fun can be had by all.

some more reason why women cant join infantry

It would be realy big distaction if women were in the infantry (No offence ladies), if their were women in a platoon relationships would develop whch would lead to probems like jealousy, and what would happen if the relationship stopped, you cant move to an other platoon because you cant get along with someone you work with. it would brake down two vital values of the army, mateship and team work. plus how would you feel if you had about 30 guys trying to get in your pants, once you have a bad reputation in an infantry unit your stuck with it

You do not know what you would be getting youself into. Let me tell you you about my first 24 hours of infantry school. I fly to Georgia , get to Benning at about 11 pm. I get a speech by a E7 with every school badge known to man telling me I could had backed out, that my swear in at meps didn't mean anything. I was nothing, dirt had rank over me. I was told that I belonged to him and and the US army now. I had a nasty ass Jimmy dean meal thrown in my face (litteraly). I was given 2 minutes to eat that meal (litterarly). And I spent allot of time in the front leaning rest. This was the first 30 minutes...

Skip to the next morning. Yelled at all night and no sleep, a normal day at Benning. We get uniforms and then shots. The ***** taking my blood busted my vein. My inner elbow turned purple and I couldn't bend my arm. She stuck me too deep and nobody gave a ****, it didn't even get a mention. After that I go directly to the barber shop. They shave my head including the moles I have on my head.... I am standing in line after line getting screamed at by men who have killed people in combat, utterly ruthless. I can't bend my arm, I have blood running down my face from the moles on my head. And nobody gives a **** about me. That was just in processing.

Are you sure that's what you want? You could not handle the ruck marches. I seen built 220 pound firefighters fall out begging to be sent home.

This is an utterly useless debate.
Been There, Done That,s telling a never was, never will be the straight poop on the school of infantry?
Can´t be done men, they´ll never get it.

Britney, write your congressman/woman and complain.
Untill they change the law you ain´t getting 11 Bangbang. Simple as that.

//KJ.

no

women are bared from combat but they still do fight many a women have been in a firefights just not derectly. If your working on a hummer and your a mechanic you still have a gun and your still in the combat zone if someones attacking you have a right to defend yourself.:camo:Thats just one of the examples. If you want to fight than get a job that lets you work in the combat zone then bust off a few caps in there derection. Me i want to be a SAW (or Squad Automatic Weapon) thats right im gonna carry the big gun m60,m249 you name it i'll carry it. I dont care if im a big target because of the big crack gun im carrying BRINGITOWWN!!!!!!! hope this helps
:rockin:
-the cpl.

Really????

Was GI Jane actually used as a piont of reference in this thread? Really...it was used as to why females should be allowed in the Infantry? Really?

Holy Crap thats some funny stuff!

GI Jane....LMFAO!

I'm afraid I have to disagree. I've seen men and women working & training cohesively in combat and non-combat roles. In the CF at least, as long as both genders pull their weight there is no need for gender specific Military Occupations. Would you rather have the 150 pound woman dragging your sorry arse up the hill, or a potentially weaker and less fit male simple because he has dangly bits between his legs? I'm going to go with whoever can save my ass best. The male vs. female thing doesn't really come into it.

One theory I have heard often is that female POWs might be mistreated more by their captors because of the religious beliefs of the region. That said, everyone should know the risks and be willing to take them.

Another "idea" is that one man can father many children in a short time. But pregnancy lasts 9 months - yielding only one baby. Thus women are more essential to the survival of the nation. Not exactly a brilliant argument for the wars being fought right now - but a valid argument.

FWIW, excluding women from combat roles seems more than a little bit sexist. Every soldier signs a blank cheque payable to their nation for an amount up to and including their life. Being male or female makes no difference...except in how cute the signature is. :p

That might be sexist, but the US Army also has sex-based physical fitness standards, too. Women compete with men for promotions, and they all take the same physical fitness test, but women get more credit for doing less on the test than men do. That sounds sexist to me.;-)

"I can do everything you can do, if i can pass the APFT whats the problem?"

Actually, women don't even take the same APFT as men. They do "female" pushups(on their knees) and the 2-mile run has LOWER standards for women.(At least that's how it was when I got out in 1992).

"But like i said the standard for girls is much lower so i never saw the point in advancing my ability because no mater what i did i couldn't change what others had decided a long time ago."

Just be aware that the person who decides whether you get promoted or not may observe how you perform on a PT test, and the person who does the minimum and quits might be considered less worthy of promotion than the person who does as many as they CAN(which is what the test is for, after all).

"I focused on improving other areas, and practicing my martial arts skill, and maintaining the final APFT qualifying level of pushups."

Women's pushups? Guess you're not REALLY in favor of equality, then. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back