Time For Chief in CAP

USAFAUX2004

How come nobody, bloody told Illinois Wing that you can go from Chief to Lt in 2 months if you have atleast 16 months? I mean I actually had to do some research and figure out that the 4 months time only applies if you start promoting off the bat?

I don't know why someone would want to, though. I should stop talking now since I want to be a Marine Corps officer.

nulli secundus said:
I don't know why someone would want to, though. I should stop talking now since I want to be a Marine Corps officer.

Haha well...it's not as bad as it seems. Just more paperwork than NCOs have.

congrats

Congrats on your promotion...and OORAHH USMC

its not just about the paper work, the pride and honor are greater when you the USMC uniform and not the hand me down blues lol

where did you find this information about the 2 month wait, and not the 4 months. Now I have to prove it to my squadron becuase it is happening to acouple cadets here in NY also. Do you rememeber where you found the information? Thanks for your help.

well its official A Lt. Col Senior Member and former spaatz cadet said that there is no 4 month wait only 2 months and there is no time between the speech and the mitchell

The problem is that its a bad word problem. It states you need 18 months MINIMUM to get Mitchell, But there is no time between milestone awards and the achievement before. so technically i need my speech in august, get promoted, and then I can take my Mitchell the same day. However if you joined and started promoting right off the bat, then you get your chief at 14 months and then armstrong at 16 months, so you have to wait until you get 18 months, but since most cadets do not get promotions every 60 days (such as my self with 27 months and being a Chief, without the Armstong) We have 18 months since join date and as soon as we get the Armstrong we can take the Mitchell, and this applies to all awards, from Wright to Spaatz

Back