About Threats to American Security Page 6
|August 9th, 2005||#51|
| || |
“War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.”
—John Stuart Mill
|August 9th, 2005||#52|
| || |
God there are alot of nasty people here. Can anyone try a discussion without an insult?
To you question:
Technically they were not. I'll say this to be clear. A dictator answers to nobody (i.e. Castro, Saddam Hussein). But the premier of the USSR did answer to the communist party. Ergo they were not dictators. Now that doesnt mean the USSR wasn't a nasty place, it was. I just dont think it fits into dictorship definition. The exception in the USSR is Stalin because he killed everyone who opposed him (Trotsky, for example). Hence he answered to no one and therefore a dictator.
|August 9th, 2005||#53|
| || |
Drawing a line between theory and reality is misleading. I mean are you aware of the fact that Castro does officially have to answer to the Communist Party? Yes, like you love to point out, in theory. But you'll agree that he does not do that in reality.
But what holds you from understanding that Krushev, Breznev, Andropov, Cernenko, Gorbachev himself, Mao and his fellows, they all used to systematically jail and eliminate those, even within the highest echelons and from their same families, who dared to disagree???
In your view this evidence would make the USSR non-Communist, see that?
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it".
|August 9th, 2005||#54|
| || |
Actually I believe that 5.56 was referencing the Stringent Firearms Laws that are in place in NYC, Chicago, DC , California and Mass. That in many people's opinion infringe upon the Second Amendment . And really have done nothing to curtail Crime.Laws implemented by generally liberal State or City Goverments largely of Democratic makeup.
As far as his arguments about Cuba. Since he's Cubano and has lived it I'll take his word for it.
Federal Aid is charity? Huh no Federal Aid is available to all States regardless of Blue or Red status. And yes Blue States also receive. California generally has at least one Federal State of emergency a year, whether due to wildfires, mudslides or at times quakes. So regardless of who the majority of the state votes for aid is available.
As for you not being right wing and that making you a bad guy. Well the majority of my family is liberal and they are not bad people , yet I don't agree with their political view points ethier. And no I won't just agree with a lib because they compare me to a Nazi.
Sgt. Rafael Peralta ,United States Marine Corps
Company A, 1st Bn, 3rd Marine Regt, 3rd Marine Divison
We will never forget your valor and sacrifice.
Semper Fi !
|August 9th, 2005||#55|
| || |
1. Re-Read the last paragraph of the original post and several of his other posts, it speaks for itself. It had nothing to do with firearms. If you cannot see it then I question your objectivity.
2. Just because he's Cuban does automatically mean he's right. Neither of you provided any evidence to your opinions. But, thats your right, your're entitled to it. But dont expect me to blindly agree, I have already stated my reasons. I dont agree with his definition of communist, I never once defended Castro. The only good thing I can say is that he will probably die soon.
3. I was refering to the Federal taxes used in Financial aid. You are of course right that every state is entitled to it. However my arguement was that Blue States pay more into the system and recieve less back. The red states recieve more Federal Aid (through taxes) and pay less back. I should have used 'taxes' it would have been clearer. My bad.
4. Well like I said, either you didnt read or misread the last paragraph. I read it again just to be sure I wasnt wrong. Its impossible to miscontrue his meaning. You just immediatly jumped on my back because I dared defend my home state so I cannot help but wonder about your objectivity.
I have no problem that people disagree with me, but if your're rude to me don't be surprised I fight back.
|August 9th, 2005||#56|
| || |
And as for Cuba, if you've never been there. Keep your mouth shut. I've had nightmares of my childhood becuase of the things that I have seen in that Socialist/Communist Dream that some people think it is. The prisonors at Camp X-Ray live better than the people of Cuba. They get three meals a day, medical treatment for anything from a bad tooth to lung cancer, and a roof over their heads that isn't made from two by fours and a sheet of tin that we got off a old tool shed. Living in America is something that I'm proud of. I wasn't born in this country, but I'll sure as heck defend her. I enlisted in the Army to defend my adopted home country. And to defend it's way of life. Which is far better than what I've lived in other places.
My time overseas was very educating. The vaule of human life is far lower is certain parts of the world. And I've seen what causes it. People that think they're better than others. Those that think that they should think for the masses. That is what the American liberial is today. They want to take the feedom of choice and self thought away from everyone else. They want the government to do your thinking for you. It was the same thing in Cuba. When people say that i shouldn't own my Colt AR-15 or that having the bayonet lug on it is wrong. I ask why, they say that it will cause crime. But I respond with, I control the firearm, how is "IT" going to cause crime. My idea is this, if you want to take away my AR-15, I'll take your big screen TV and BMW away from you. The reasons, the TV causes stupidity and the BMW cause road rage. And at one point in time, the Democrats were actually something good. But today the party has been hijacked by the likes of Michael Moore and Ted Kennedy. If my party was hijacked by those White Power idiots. I'd leave my party and vote for someone else. Most of Cuban people in South Florida is Republican becuase of two important events.
1) JFK and the Bay of Pigs. He promised air support for those soldiers and than left them to die on the beach. My Grandfather was part of that invasion. He died on that beach because of JFK.
2) Janet Reno. With the forced removal of a child and sending him back to that bastard of a father. A situtation happened like that back in the 1970s with a ukrainian child. He wanted to stay in the USA and so did his family. His mother was the only one that wanted him to go bak to the USSR. Guess what, he stayed. She left. And that's that. The Clinton Administration sided with a communist instead of the rest of his family and didn't think of the well being of the child. Sure Elian Gonzalez is living a okay life in Cuba, but that's because Castro treats him like a prince. The rest of my friends that are still there have it a hell of a lot harder.
And the most of the other hispanic groups like the Columbians, the Venezuelans, and the rest of South America's nationalites are Rupublican becuase of the communist rebel groups. In Columbia there's the FARC, in Venezuela there's Chavez. A Fidel castro in training. And so one and so forth.
|August 9th, 2005||#57|
| || |
I dont think I follow you.
I wasnt mixing theory with reality. Again, I dont deny the Soviet premiers did lots of dirty deeds thats not the issue.
I also dont deny the people like Castro is also a monster. I think he could be worse than Saddam Hussien. As so many dissppeared nobody really knows.
No point to argue this I agree 100%.
Where I disagree, I dont think to call Castro a communist is accurate because he stopped reporting to Moscow at around the mid-1970s. When that happened he gave up his legitmacy of being a 'communist' and became a tyrant. Note: I am not defending communism either. But communism for all its ills is a recognized political movement. Despotism is not (in most cases). Why this is important is because in doing so Castro made the mistake of giving up the claim of being "pour le revolution" and instead became "pour Fidel Castro" (and only tyrants are so egotistical).
Secondly I think its a mistake to call Castro a Communist because doing so gives him (at least in Castros eyes) a tiny bit of legitmacy. Legitmacy I feel that isnt earned because he came to power not by people power but in a bloody coup.
Now certain individulas here came to the conclusion I was defending Castro because they didnt bother to read my post. A ridiculous assumption, as I would sooner defend Bush. And for an ex-GOP (or New Republicans as we prefer to be called) who hates Bush thats saying something.
|August 9th, 2005||#59|
| || |
2. Right or wrong in your opinion. He clearly has some strong disputes over your theory of Cubas reigeme. These opinions having been formed from actually living under the goverment.
3. Look at the demographics and populations. The Blue States tend to have the larger Urban Centers and larger populations hence a larger tax base, hence more taxes. And urban centers tend to even in Red States go blue. So the tax issue relates largely to tax base.
4. Really I don't think I did misconstrue it.
|August 9th, 2005||#60|
| || |
Well I'm sorry but if you hate the 1/2 the US just because of its firearms policy alone thats pretty stupid arguement. I am a moderate on the guns issue and frankly I could care less one way or the other. I used to shoot myself. All I can say is most people is in the states you mentioned are happy the way it is. Those who arn't move elsewhere. So i guess it works out well for both sides.
I admit I Know nothing about Cuba (its people, Culture, History) but then again I wasn't talking about Cuba I was talking about politics which I do know something about. Much more then you do. You would have known this had you read my post instead of shooting your mouth off. Your passion is guns, mine is history in particular THIS countries history. So here lesson 1. As stated by the US Supreme Court
MY Right freedom of speech superceeds your right to try and shut me up. If you cannot accept this, then perhaps you have more with Castro then you think.
Back to Bay of Pigs
Yes JFK f***** you, thats why I didn't list him as a good president. It was a fiasco A to Z. JFK should have just done it. What is done is done and it cannot be undone. But to condemn half the country as communists, 50 YEARS LATER, for the actions of one man (who is long dead) is mean, stupid, irresponsible and shows an incrediable amount of disregard for those liberals you gave you the right to carry the guns you have.
If you equate liberals to communists then I cannot help but wonder if you know what a communist is. Either that or you have so much hate in your heart that frankly maybe you'd be better off in Cuba (we would be) at least that way you can take your guns with you and direct it toward a legitmate target. Who Knows maybe you could be the next president of Cuba. Besides, There is enough hate in the world we dont need people coming here bringing hate. We get enough of that from the muslims.