Which of these tanks can perform the best?

how much is lots? They have what, 5000 T-90 and T-80 put togather?
This is a pure guesstimate but i reckon they've got around 5000-6000 tanks operational in all, in case of war that might go up to 8000 maybe more.

By comparison Poland has 700~ tanks and Germany 800~

This is a pure guesstimate but i reckon they've got around 5000-6000 tanks operational in all, in case of war that might go up to 8000 maybe more.

By comparison Poland has 700~ tanks and Germany 800~

Russia has the larget tank force in the world, about 22 thousand tanks.

This is including the ones in reserve, and the ones that havent been used since 1960.

Russia has the larget tank force in the world, about 22 thousand tanks.

This is including the ones in reserve, and the ones that havent been used since 1960.

I'm aware of how many tanks Russia has, we're talking about how many tanks are still operational, in the time when their fleet is rusting away, their airforce dumps their 29s etc they wont have more than a couple thousand tanks.

I know, hence I said the ones that havent been used since the 60's [Though maybe I should lower it to 50's].

lol Don't forget that half of them are broken and not in use and no fuel for the other half ;)
Russians serve 1 year in army 2day so the even will have no drivers for all of these tanks (kidding).

even if they muster 2000 T-80 and T-90 and another 6000 T-72/64/55AMV, they will still have to face around 2500 tanks from diffrent NATO nations, of these around 400 german Leo-2, 300 French Leclercs, at least 100 UK Challenger 2...Not to mention probably another 250-350 other Leopard 2 from other smaller NATO members. I still havent mentioned Turkeym with almost 300 Leo 2, and greece with a similar number. havent mentioned 2nd rate tanks operated by some NATO nations. In short we are talking around 1500-1800 1st rate tanks.

And I havent mentioned US involvment...Probably could throw in a 100 abrams or so, i dont know how dwindeled their state is in germany right now.

even if they muster 2000 T-80 and T-90 and another 6000 T-72/64/55AMV, they will still have to face around 2500 tanks from diffrent NATO nations, of these around 400 german Leo-2, 300 French Leclercs, at least 100 UK Challenger 2...Not to mention probably another 250-350 other Leopard 2 from other smaller NATO members. I still havent mentioned Turkeym with almost 300 Leo 2, and greece with a similar number. havent mentioned 2nd rate tanks operated by some NATO nations. In short we are talking around 1500-1800 1st rate tanks.

And I havent mentioned US involvment...Probably could throw in a 100 abrams or so, i dont know how dwindeled their state is in germany right now.
In case of an unreal scenario of war tanks wouldnt be the most important thing, if it was tanks alone Russia would steamroll everyone since you wouldnt be able to organize NATO armor in any reasonable amount of time.

If you want to discuss war then Ukraine with its "military" falls over and dies instantly and the entire war gets solved in Poland with Poland + Germany vs Russia and here artillery, airforce and communications will count more than tanks.

UK and US are a non factor, by the time they get their business together the war will be resolved, France might or might not get there in time so when talking NATO you're talking Poland and Germany.

Thats about 1400 tanks, 360.000 soldiers and ~300 fighters, against Russias 100.000-200.000 soldiers and maybe 4000 tanks 200-300 fighters.

Russia is in no shape to fight atm.

Your putting up 15+ countries against Russia, so of course Russia would get snapped.

I am not putting anyone against russia, i was only suggesting what was for years the most probable conflict...

I am not putting anyone against russia, i was only suggesting what was for years the most probable conflict...

You excluded various other countries that would have sided with the USSR, such as East Germany, Romania, Hungary, Poland etc.

Then theres the countries that could side with either one of them, like Yugoslavia.

Yugoslavia probably would have sided with the West. They were Communist but they were friendlier to the West than to the USSR (who they hated bitterly).

Up to and including the 80s Russia would kick both Western Europe's and Americas asses in conventional warfare.

Warsaw Pact had over 25.000 tanks in working order, the number of IFVs, and artillery was just mind boggling and its equipment was much closer to the allies, in rare cases superior.

I'm speaking about Russia now and now its pathetically weak, Russia in the 40s-80s was a military monster able to take on any collection of powers and have a good shot at it (of course in reality MAD would soon enough occur but we're talking conventional war here).

America or Europe alone didnt have even a remote chance, together? Maybe but thats just maybe.

Yugoslavia probably would have sided with the West. They were Communist but they were friendlier to the West than to the USSR (who they hated bitterly).

Incorrect, im pretty sure that Yugoslavia during Tito's era would have remained neutral, and would have combated both eastern and western forces if they were brave enough to enter Yugoslavia.

In the words of Tito:

"We will not turn our weapons towards any nation, unless they turn their weapons on us first"

I cant remember the exact words, however.

EDIT: Oh and Yugoslavia only hated the USSR during Stalins rule. When Kruschev came to power Yugoslav-Soviet relationships improved greatly. Alot of Yugoslavias domestically made equipment was based on Soviet designs [Such as the M-84], but not all. the Yugoslav G-4 Super Galeb was of a totally new design.

Zastava, you basically laid it out like this or that for Yugoslavia.
If it was a West or Russia choice.
Could have gone either way but with a very good chance of actually siding with the West. Again, that's just what I think. Nothing cut in stone here.

Brave enough to enter Yugoslavia? More like ordered to enter Yugoslavia. That's a lot of chest beating considering how badly Serbia got smashed against NATO forces in the 90's.

Back