Is there any possibility that USA can be defeated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally believe that the line from the immortal film "Platoon" sum's up the answer, "He's been shot seven times and he still ain't dead!, the only thing that can kill Barnes IS Barnes!"

Plus you forget one very important thing....I will never bend a knee to any man.....if war starts I will not surrender and will never quit....I will be defeated when I am dead, not before....and there are MILLIONS of Americans just like me....

I will never bend a knee to any man.....if war starts I will not surrender and will never quit....I will be defeated when I am dead,

Aww thats nice, If I see no point in continuing the fighting I would surrender and not a second before.

So improbable that you might as well say impossible.
The U.S. managed to defeat the might of the British army long before they had the technological superiority,huge arms manufacturing capability,massive well trained and well organised army,marines,air-force,navy that puts any others to shame,nukes,sattelites etc...
Now,in this day and age? Absolutely NO WAY unless as previously said the martians get p***ed off with them.
If they did the only saving graces would be no more series of "Friends" and no more Mariah Cary.

Can the U.S. be defeated?

Who can say?? Okay look. I personally believe that the U.S. is the most dominant military, economic, and political power on the face of the planet. BUt what does history tell us? Was it not believed that the battle of Trafalgar in 1588 would be an overwhelming Spanish victory? Was is believed that the U.S. could actually win its independance from a much stronger miliary? How about the mexican army defeating the french on cinco de mayo, or the afghans defeating the russians?

Granted, these are just small pieces of the giant picture we are talking about, but doesnt history seem to suggest that victory does not always lay in strength? IF we assume that we will be never defeated, than we will be.

Always play the game like you can lose.

There is only one way.

halo%20holy%20combat.jpg

Jesus the LORD

The closest thing you can get historically to the USA is the Roman Empire which lasted centuries and was very strong throughout most of its existance. Like America, the Romans started small and expanded garnering allies and enemies. It's interesting to note that they had sort of a cold war with Carthage for a while until they were completely defeated, then the Romans spread overtime with no one stopping them. Sounds like the situation with the America now after the USSR broke up.

Check this site out of a possible American timeline parallel to the Romans.
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/us_rome.htm

Also look at this one to see what North America could turn into given past secessionist goals.
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/misc/balkanus.htm

zander_0633 said:
Well, Yeah! But they didn't went around the world helping others to attack countries!
I think they did if it was profitable for them. Before invading new territorries, they usually tried to use diplomacy to forge alliances with some factions against others.

In the beginning of De Bello Gallico Caesar describes how he forged an alliance with one group of Helvetians to defeat another, led by Dumnorix. In the end Dumnorix surrenders but Caesar allows him to remain the leader.

I think rome stayed together because they had an effective government even when there were rebellions there was somebody trying to get things done. The US has a similar ability to govern and handle other things that are important like its military and economy. When the governing apparatus breaks down, then we'll be pretty screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back