Is there any possibility that USA can be defeated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zander_0633 said:
Well, did you know that Russia has the world's largest amounts of Nuclear missiles and bombs? Imagine they use all of those to nuke the US! I think the US can be defeated by this way, but not with out the Europeans attacking the Russia after that!

I'm not so sure they have the largeest ammount.

This is a good subject and one that is not on Google or anywhere else except in a few select minds and locked in a vault. The next fact that is never published is where are they and what condition are they in? Like helicopters which must be flown often or scrapped, a warhead, which is manufactured using combinations of carefully constructed alloys and gasses, must be "regenerated" constantly by metallurgists and chemical engineers under the supervision of nuclear scientists. If not constantly tested and kept in the correct environment, they will degrade and may or may not work when installed on a missile or projectile. The parts themselves are only "dirty bombs" but the sum of the parts are a concert of devastating destruction.

Russia is still unable to finance a system to sustain a large defense program. They have real bad problems with governmental stability.

There is a video that I once saw, They even steal the military funds for their own use! And they do jobs which are bad!

Genghis_Kan said:
USA is the strongest nation in the world. It has got a power economy, industrial and armed force. It dominates the world economy. Just out of interest is there actually any way in defeating the US in a strategy scale. I mean a country/alliance which can defeat the US and replace it as world no.1. Personally I still could not think of any way in defeating the US. I wanna hear wts yr opinion on this.

PS I am not anti-american
Personally, I'd like to think not. America is the superpower policeman of the world and strives to make the world a safer place to live in. It has great allies and together they stand united.

Regards

Steven Preece
Author of Amongst The Marines and Always A Marine :bravo:

StevenPreece said:
Personally, I'd like to think not. America is the superpower policeman of the world and strives to make the world a safer place to live in. It has great allies and together they stand united.

Regards

Steven Preece
Author of Amongst The Marines and Always A Marine :bravo:
Well, there is a downside to being the police force of the world. Everything you do will have its pros and cons. There will be nations that praise you, and others that will condemn you. Kind of like a damned if you do and damned if you don't. This is where I see the Iran nuclear crisis headed:

USA, France, and Britain: dude they have nukes, we gotta do something NOW.
China and Russia: relax man, they're doing it for electricity. Besides, we don't want you imposing sanctions or bombing the country we invested so much money in. Not yet anyway.

*years pass and Iran uses the civilian nuclear program to make its first nuke and waving it around to its neighbors*

USA, France, and Britain: we told you so...
China and Russia: told us so? why didn't you do anything about it you moron?!! I don't want my neighbor with a nutty government to have a nuke!!

and the cycle continues....

Well, now I believe that the US has already made plans to attack the IRAN. My country's newspaper reported today that a APF told the press that an official document has been presented to the US government to prepare for the WAR against Axis of Evil, rank number one is IRAn, the North Korea, Cuba and surprisingly Zimbabue!

Missileer said:
Russia is still unable to finance a system to sustain a large defense program. They have real bad problems with governmental stability.

There is an old saying in China --- "even the dying camel is bigger than a horse".

Russia, bankrupted and impoverished, is still a big power with her big land and big population there. Russia will rise sooner or later, so do other big powers like China and India.

However, the rise of other big powers does not mean the defeat of U.S. In contrast, I believe U.S can be even stronger and Americans can have higher living standard if U.S government is willing to cooperate politically and economically with other big powers.

chinese-canadian said:
There is an old saying in China --- "even the dying camel is bigger than a horse".

Russia, bankrupted and impoverished, is still a big power with her big land and big population there. Russia will rise sooner or later, so do other big powers like China and India.

However, the rise of other big powers does not mean the defeat of U.S. In contrast, I believe U.S can be even stronger and Americans can have higher living standard if U.S government is willing to cooperate politically and economically with other big powers.
Nothing lasts forever.

US will also meet its demise one day. 9/11 event was a sad but one hell of a reminder to the Sole Superpower that anything is possible.

Un-favourable conditions actually make a powerful empire crumble. It has happened in the PAST and it will happen now.

Hitler destroyed the colonism of Europe when he came to power. Thats his biggest achievement which led to crumbling of once great colonial powers like UK and France. Thus new powers were born and now one exists. But others are showing signs of growth. It takes only one man to change the course of this world and we have seen such signs before.

We would never know that what next Superpower would be as we have not seen the future but China has bright future or may be not. Russia might rise once again or Islamic Caliphate comes in to existance in few decades or even a European Super-state happens. But we are never sure!

Things happen in most un-expected ways.

Nostradamus and Muhammad (PBUH) predicted arrival of a great power from EAST (ASIA) in near future when Romans will be strong.

Last edited:
Well, yoiu never know the next big country may be some African Country!
I see no nations Afirca with the right things to become the next superpower.

The only two i see are China and India

I know which one im pulling for.

Here is a list of the only ways the US at the moment can be defeated:

1929 style Stockmarket Crash: Not likely, but it is one way. No companies could afford to pay workers, build materials, we all know what happened then. Problem is, every other nation in a postion to attack the US succsessfully would be in the same boat. So yeah, that is very unlikely.

A Second Civil War: About as likely as the Stockmarket crash. The US, as its name implies is UNITED. There may be hostility between politcal ideals (Republicans and Democrats) but not enough tension for the states to proclaim indepenece and begin fighting each other.

The world at the last minute Ganging up on America: You don't need me to tell you how unrealistic that is.

The Alien idea I keep reading on here: Good to see people are using their imaginations, but It don't look likey at all. It is definatly a way to defeat the US, but it ain't gonna happen.

A Extremist Group hold Government: An outlandish conspiracy I heard once, eg, The Nazi's or Communists or other groups like that holding office. This in the scale of unlikelyness is right before the Aliens coming down here. An extremist group would never hold office in the US Lawfully.

Insurgency by Terrorists: It would cause problems, break down of law and order in parts, rampant terror attacks would do a considerable amount to hurt the US, but with help from allies, and Patriotic Militia's, as well as the entire US Defence Force, it would not defeat the US.

The US Military can be defeated in battle, but they will have enough allies to help protect them to rebuild their forces to unleash hell upon whoever defeated them. The biggest deterrent to attacking the US, is the fact the could overthrow almost every national government by itself. With the help from their allies, every nation in the world, and still have resoruces to rebuild the nation.

The US CAN be defeated like all nations, but provided its leaders learn from history, and pay attention to world events, it is VERY UNLIKELY that it will happen

I guess there is a way, by using A bombs, and then US can fight back, and then the world is destroyed, every one loses lol

Well, I think that Communism rise again? Draw the US to fight in a land which they are unfamiliar and destroy them there! Prevent them from retreating! I think this place is Vietnam! Let the US come in to attack! then , when they are going to retreat, the Chinese PLA comes blocking their way and killing all! Cuba then lauches an attack on US Land! And all the Communist countries in Africa can then send Terrorist to US to attack it from inside!

Well, I think that Communism rise again? Draw the US to fight in a land which they are unfamiliar and destroy them there! Prevent them from retreating! I think this place is Vietnam! Let the US come in to attack! then , when they are going to retreat, the Chinese PLA comes blocking their way and killing all! Cuba then lauches an attack on US Land! And all the Communist countries in Africa can then send Terrorist to US to attack it from inside!

Stop drinking the water in singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back