Is there any possibility that USA can be defeated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything or nation can expand or become powerful with favourable conditions.

The back-bone of US power is it's powerful economy!

Lets take a look at conditions that can limit power:

- Growing Pressure from Competition: China is a big challenge to US in export industry and at the same time a very important investment region for US. Now that country is rapidly advancing and increasing its share in exports market, which means more buyers for its products which means more money and revenues.

- Growing Threats to Strategic Influence: Some nations are on verge of becoming Nuclear powers and that include IRAN and North Korea. US strategic influence will be effected by this.

- Potential Future Threat: Formation of EU State or United ME State!

- Military Conflicts (Burden on Economy): The more conflicts that US indulges in, the more will be strain on its economy which will badly effect economy growth scenario. And a long and expensive war could be worse.

- Other matters that drain economy: OIL is one limiting factor here and is plagued with conflicts.

The point is that if conditions become un-favourable for growth and more and more challenges pour in that effect economy then things can get out of hand and limit power.

Thus, US is also no exception here!

Tain't Never Gonna Happen.

zander_0633 said:
What if those foreigners that have gained entry or have became US citizens are all soldiers in disguise, then one fine day, The take up weapons and start to attack the America from within!
You lose sight of one glaring fact - many of us ex-military types own weapons and would take up arms in a heartbeat if a force was daring enough to do as you suggested. The number of hidden soldiery required to have a chance, would have to number into the hundreds and hundreds of thousands.
TAIN'T NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

Chief Bones said:
You lose sight of one glaring fact - many of us ex-military types own weapons and would take up arms in a heartbeat if a force was daring enough to do as you suggested. The number of hidden soldiery required to have a chance, would have to number into the hundreds and hundreds of thousands.
TAIN'T NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

Let me add something to Chief Bones's post. We have oil, all we could ever use in ten lifetimes. Middle East oil is just cheap and easy to get.

Any given Sunday... if you pile enough conditionals together it is possible the US could be defeated but not probable in the current conditions of the real world. Rather than the economy or external threats I would say the greatest strength in the defense of the US is the military's core of professional NCO's.

An interesting idea bulldogg but I don't think that is a weak-link in America's armor. As invaluable as our professional NCO's are, they are created that way through the phenomenal army training and American can do spirit. I believe that as long as the millitary understands the valuability of NCOs and Americans are Americans, it is impossible to whipe them out.

Read it again... I said they were the greatest STRENGTH, nothing about a weak link... you college kids, buy em books send em to school and all they wanna do is... ;)

It doesn't excuse your poor reading comprehension, pardon me for being a voice of positive thinking. In fact this isn't about HOW it can be defeated, it is a question of "Is it possible..."

I'll leave y'all to your conditional mental mind games.

Well then I submit to you as a teacher to speak more clearly. You begin your post by discussing weakness in a thread about possible vulnerabilities then make a quick about face mid-sentence into an inversion. Don't blame my proclivities towards extra-curricular activities! :D

Defeat of the United States.
It is possible according to the condition.
What is the defeat of the United States?
Is Washington occupied by the enemy?
Impossibility
Are fleets of the United States annihilated?
It is almost impossible.
It is a defeat of the United States to generate the situation for which the
United States doesn't hope.
It is most and the possibility to occur
The terrorist causes terrorism over all world.
The fall starts momentarily when called “strongest”.

The Decline of American Industry

American industry is in decline. The Chinese economic miracle is draining the west. Since civilian-industrial power is the starting point of armaments production, the Chinese will easily dominate their region and beyond in geostrategic terms within 50 years. Bye Bye unipolar American world power. Hello multipolar world. Duck and cover!

American industry is in decline. The Chinese economic miracle is draining the west. Since civilian-industrial power is the starting point of armaments production, the Chinese will easily dominate their region and beyond in geostrategic terms within 50 years. Bye Bye unipolar American world power. Hello multipolar world.

Sure in 30 years, but china is gona make a mistake (attacking taiwan) before they can ever seriously challenge the US for economic or military dominance.

Ollie Garchy said:
American industry is in decline. The Chinese economic miracle is draining the west. Since civilian-industrial power is the starting point of armaments production, the Chinese will easily dominate their region and beyond in geostrategic terms within 50 years. Bye Bye unipolar American world power. Hello multipolar world. Duck and cover!

This could also be called globalization or world capitalism. I think that the best way for the US to head off this "multipolar world" on the horizon is to devote most of her jobs towards the field of research and development (i.e. intelligence work) with a small portion of the population doing advanced manufacturing (i.e. high quality goods, advanced weaponry, various other items the US would not want to rely on foreign powers to make for them). I say let China. India, etc. be the low labor workhorses making the Nikes, pots, pans, USB cables, and other minor stuff. Let the US and other sophisicated nations work on the brain stuff (and let's not let China steal it either...). Did anyone else read the TIME article a few weeks ago about how America's kids are failing science and most engineers and doctors are taking their busienss elsewhere? Brought a tear to my eye....

yes america can be defeated in 40 years if it continues on it's curent course it will do something very stuipid and the rest of the world will see that and take advantage of it and jump all over us

i dont think there will be any wars between big powers in the future, globalization just connects us so closely together that even a dumbass knows it is not wise to provoke a war.
talk about U.S and China
Why China wants to kill its best customer and investor?
why U.S wants to kill its most concentrated investing destination?
does not make sense.

and if there is no big wars, U.S cannot and will not be defeated..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back