Is there any possibility that USA can be defeated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe when Aliens come with superior technology. They'll kill the USA with their weapons. And much of the people will cheer for the Aliend forces who will them utterly annilate them. And then we humans will be nothing but slaves and test experiments, cannon fodder, or food.

Obvious said:
maybe when Aliens come with superior technology. They'll kill the USA with their weapons. And much of the people will cheer for the Aliend forces who will them utterly annilate them. And then we humans will be nothing but slaves and test experiments, cannon fodder, or food.
Nice Joke! :lol:

Well, I thought of this brilliant strategy! Because some EU nations are under the NATO, The nations can rebel against the US and the whole entire EU can group together. They can then use UK as a front base where the troops can gather and from UK start their assault from air and sea. Massive shift of Naval weapons from all EU nations moving forward to US from the Atlantic oceans. Scandinavian Countries and the Russia can mobilise their troops to Iceland as a forward base. On the other side of the world China and North Korea prepares to attack. Indian troops can mobilise by sea and air. By Sea from India through Singapore and then to Philippines. Japan and Philippines would be used as a forward base from the Pacific Ocean where a major land and sea assault will take place. Mind you, at this time, the world's 1st, 3rd, and 4th largest army in the world are gathering and moving through air and sea towards USA. Once the outlaying islands of the US have been destroyed, The european side and asian side would start their series of air raid and sea landing simultaneously at the same time. Mexico and the South American countries would force the US troops to move north wards. At the Northern end, The Canadian forces with the help of Russia and Japan have already taken Alaska and are moving down South. This would make an all round attack for the US. By this time, the Combined forces of the world would have penetrated the front line defences and the rest of the war are fought on land in US. Although all citizens in US may have weapons, the combined world forces can be given an order of shooting every person seen holding a weapon. I think through this way, the US can be defeated!

They can then use UK as a front base where the troops can gather and from UK start their assault from air and sea

I for one think they would still get there but whooped in the middle of alantic, dont fight a war that the US has been prepareing for the last century to fight.

Well, Actually, I presume te US will be using their Pre-emptive strike! But there are four fronts that the US must fight!

Well, Actually, I presume te US will be using their Pre-emptive strike! But there are four fronts that the US must fight!

Well no we stand a chance if we fight four fronts, but I think our navy can keep our coast safe and we can easily defeat canada and mexico.

Well, That would not be a problem. But what about the combined forces of China, India, Japan, and the EU attack simultaneuosly at the west and east side of USA?

Well, That would not be a problem. But what about the combined forces of China, India, Japan, and the EU attack simultaneuosly at the west and east side of USA?

Thats all nice but we have 12 CVNs with attached ships i just dont think the navies of the world combined can cordinate on a scale high enough to defeat that.

you are right! But wad about land forces? And the combined might of the China and Russian and Japanese Navy? Let's say those outlaying US CVNs are first disabled by the forces there! Definitley those outlaying forces will be crushed easily by the army of the respective countries they are in like Japan and India and South Korea!

Italian Guy said:
I noticed this has turned into a U.S. vs. rest of the world thread.

Yeah which is screwed up since the US assisted Europe twice during the last century.

As for my two cents:

If sombody wanted to take out U.S. CVN's they would have to use Tactical Nuclear weapons.

If attacked by four fronts I would think (and hope) that the U.S.would use Tactical Nuclear Weapons as a defense measure, that is if an ICBM strike was not first used on the invading country's homland.

AND we all KNOW that the use of nuclear weapons today would open pandora's box, so to speak.

We have more ICBMs than there are countries. If there was nothing left back home to return to, I think that would deter most countries. There is always the 7th fleet to get by on the oceans. That type of war wouldn't be fought with armies. The atmosphere of the Earth would be heated to a temperature which nothing on the planet could live in it. Such is what happens when literally thousands of thermonuclear devices detonate. The atmosphere can't cool as fast as the devices can heat it. No one would win because there wouldn't be time to take a deep breath before flash heat superheated every surface on Earth.

zander_0633 said:
Well, the country with the most Nuclear Warhead is Russia, then followed by USA to be correct.

missileer stated that we have more ICBMs than there are countries, not that we have more ICBMs than any other country.

I don't think that any modern Western nation can really be "defeated" today. Most of the industrialized nations are too structured and stable to be defeated today. If there were to be a war, it might just be minor military skirmishes then the UN would intervene or both countries would work some kind of a treaty/ceasefire out due to global condemnation. Sure a country can suffer a military defeat, but as for the lands being invaded? I don't know about that...

As for the topicc question, the only way I think the US can be defeated is internally, i.e. economic collapse (federal deficit don't look too good these days), civil unrest, panic (terrorism), etc. Militarily, the US is too damn strong. Just look at their defense budget compared to any other countries. If I remember correctly, the US spends what is equivalent to a couple of nations' GNP combined!

Whoa! So you are suggesting a internal strife? OR can I said internal rebellion? I don't think that is possible within the US. It seems to be quite peaceful now!

haha, So a war is unlikely. Unless some drastic measures are made by the Government that makes the majority of the people unhappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back