Tanks

LeEnfield

I had a amble around one of the worlds largest collection of Tanks a few months ago and there were some weird and wonderful vehicles on display.
I thought from time to time I would stick a picture of one on here and see what you can make of them.

Paras2005057.jpg

Since it was almost indestructable and armed like a battleship, it was used as a heavy assault vehicle for clearing out heavily fortified areas.

"The gun design was adapted from the British 3.75 inch anti-aircraft gun. The ammunition was separate charge and shell, the latter a 32 pound (14.5 kg) armour piercing shot (APCBC). In tests the gun was successful against a German Panther tank at nearly 1000 yards.
The 32-pdr was carried in a ball mount in the front of the hull. To the left was a Besa machine gun in a heavy armoured ball mount. The other two machine guns were mounted in a turret on the top of the hull to the right. Internally it is was split into three compartments, the transmission to the front, the crew in the centre and the Meteor engine at the rear."

I am assuming these things are early attempts recon vehicles or some deluded idea of a cavalry replacement?

Hell you have to hope those things were fast as the embarassment of trying to take on a PzIII in one or even 100 would make you want to drive rapidly for the coast.

Last edited:
Back