Tanks

Short description of Claustrofobia for you Mighty

Claustrophobia is usually described as a fear of enclosed places. A more accurate description might be 'a fear of not having an easy escape route' because for anyone who experiences this phobia this is the predominating feature - you feel a need to be able to get out or get home, quickly.

So definitely the crew members where not Claustrofobic :)

Big Willie on the move

BigWillie21.jpg

heh oh I see. Well in tanks maybe it would be ok, but I cant imagine myself inside small tunnels for coal etc.. Just an example :)

correct. The upper pic was taken at Latrun armor museum in Israel

So how big is this museum?

I have a few pictures a friend sent me from the place but nothing similar to what you have posted so I imagine it is larger than I expected.

I think it has more than 200 AFVs....and it also has Latrun fort itself, which is the scene of 6 battles in 1948...the redid the whole inside and there is a a screening room and other displays. it also has a 9000 seats amphitheater....yes its very large...

I think it has more than 200 AFVs....and it also has Latrun fort itself, which is the scene of 6 battles in 1948...the redid the whole inside and there is a a screening room and other displays. it also has a 9000 seats amphitheater....yes its very large...

Nifty, from the pictures it was hard to determine how large the place really was.
Still looks like a place to add to the "must check out" list.

Nifty, from the pictures it was hard to determine how large the place really was.

If ever in the UK, a "must visit" museum is the Imperial War Museum as Duxford. If I remember correctly Duxford was commanded by Douglas Bader, 12 Group during the Battle of Britain. Its has a stunning display of airworthy Spitfires, Hurricane, ME109 as well as fantastic static displays of other aircraft, trucks, tanks, guns etc, also Argentine aircraft and equipment from the Falklands. Its well worth a visit.

Come over I will give you a tour. I actually work there(sort of)

Back