image0050eb.jpg

image0044yq.jpg

image0066kz.jpg

image0087cy.jpg

image0095rv.jpg

image0110ny.jpg

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Simply beautiful. Eye candy to an architect. If one has trouble contemplating the meaning of life in that Temple, they are just not trying.

Hi,

phoenix80 said:
nice pics

a general question for you

why do some Indians worship cow?
Hindus do not worship the cow, a common misconception .......Though the cow is held sacred to the Hindus, it is not exactly worshipped as a deity ................ The cow represents the giving nature of life to every Hindu ......... It's just like Honoring this gentle animal, who gives more than she takes .

Not Just Cow Hindus regard all living- creatures as sacred be It human being or a Animal ......... Cow has a Special place but we do not worship her in the sense that we worship the Deity.

One Possibly reason for this is because the largely Vedic people and subsequent generations relied so heavily on the cow for dairy products, tilling of fields , fertilizer ( Cow Dung ) , The cow-dung is an efficacious disinfectant and often used as fuel in lieu of firewood ,.... that its status as a Caretaker led to identifying it as an almost maternal figure (so the term gau mata Meaning Mother Cow Just as Mother Earth ) .

While most Hindus do not worship the cow it still holds an honored place in Hindu society.......

It's same as the sheep is to Christianity, the cow is to Hinduism.

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
phoenix80 said:
Did you know that it was designed and built by an architect from Iran (shiraz)?
Yes, it was built by the Moghul(i don't know if they are Afghani or Persian) name Shah Jahan in the memory of his wife.:wink: oo and yea i don't know who did design and architect it.

Last edited:
I believe the architect was Persian, but I was usually so enraged at my world history teacher that I have probably forgotten.

deerslayer said:
I believe the architect was Persian, but I was usually so enraged at my world history teacher that I have probably forgotten.

hmmm.. if I am not mistaken, it was built by some Mughal sultan to his wife Mumtaz???? I got to check it in my history book again. I read the article a few times but seem to forget...

*sorry for the double post..

Back