SS Dunluce Castle

DolphinDancer

My G.Great uncle served with the Australian Infantry 8th battlalion in WW1. I have his army records that tell me his movements after he was wounded. He died from his wounds aboard the SS Dunluce Castle and was buried at sea. I have been trying to find a photo of this ship for about 2 years and have had no success. I'd be grateful if anyone can put me on the right track .Is it possible to find out who his CO might have been.

Cheers :viking:

Last edited by a moderator:
wendy said:
My G.Great uncle served with the Australian Infantry 8th battlalion in WW1. I have his army records that tell me his movements after he was wounded. He died from his wounds aboard the SS Dunluce Castle and was buried at sea. I have been trying to find a photo of this ship for about 2 years and have had no success. I'd be grateful if anyone can put me on the right track .Is it possible to find out who his CO might have been.

Cheers :viking:

It took me about 30 seconds. Try http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-conflicts-periods/ww1/1aif/troop_transports.htm
Dunlunce Castle is the second large picture.

Dean.

He died from his wounds aboard the SS Dunluce Castle and was buried at sea. I have been trying to find a photo of this ship for about 2 years and have had no success. I'd be grateful if anyone can put me on the right track .Is it possible to find out who his CO might have been.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Go to a site called the British Army and National Service. I have posted pictures of dozens of troopships ans this has been added by a lot of other people. If it is not posted there drop them a line and see what they can dig up.
Good luck

Back