SS Dunluce Castle -

Read more about My G.Great uncle served with the Australian Infantry 8th battlalion in WW1. I have his army records that tell me his movements after he was wounded. He died from his woun

Military Medals Store

International Military Forums > >

User Name
Password

February 5th, 2006   #1
DolphinDancer

SS Dunluce Castle info

My G.Great uncle served with the Australian Infantry 8th battlalion in WW1. I have his army records that tell me his movements after he was wounded. He died from his wounds aboard the SS Dunluce Castle and was buried at sea. I have been trying to find a photo of this ship for about 2 years and have had no success. I'd be grateful if anyone can put me on the right track .Is it possible to find out who his CO might have been.

Cheers

Last edited by RnderSafe; February 5th, 2006 at 02:42..

-
February 5th, 2006   #2
Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy
My G.Great uncle served with the Australian Infantry 8th battlalion in WW1. I have his army records that tell me his movements after he was wounded. He died from his wounds aboard the SS Dunluce Castle and was buried at sea. I have been trying to find a photo of this ship for about 2 years and have had no success. I'd be grateful if anyone can put me on the right track .Is it possible to find out who his CO might have been.

Cheers
It took me about 30 seconds. Try http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-...transports.htm
Dunlunce Castle is the second large picture.

Dean.

February 5th, 2006   #3
DolphinDancer

Thanks Dean. Obviously I hadn't seen that site. Nice to see the ship where he lost his battle for life.

February 5th, 2006   #4
Chief Bones

Welcome aboard - glad our members could help you with your quest.

February 5th, 2006   #5
LeEnfield

There are quite a number of troopships on this site, you can give it a try and if it is not there you could try the webmaster

http://www.britisharmedforces.org/index.htm

LeEnfield Rides again

February 5th, 2006   #6
DolphinDancer

Thanks for your help. An interesting site in which I got side tracked as you do.

April 27th, 2009   #7
randyother

He died from his wounds aboard the SS Dunluce Castle and was buried at sea. I have been trying to find a photo of this ship for about 2 years and have had no success. I'd be grateful if anyone can put me on the right track .Is it possible to find out who his CO might have been.

Last edited by 03USMC; April 27th, 2009 at 20:38..

April 29th, 2009   #8
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyother
He died from his wounds aboard the SS Dunluce Castle and was buried at sea. I have been trying to find a photo of this ship for about 2 years and have had no success. I'd be grateful if anyone can put me on the right track .Is it possible to find out who his CO might have been.
SS Dunluce Castle
http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-...transports.htm

Attachment 652

I try to be the man my dog thinks I am.

Last edited by BritinAfrica; December 18th, 2011 at 08:17..

April 29th, 2009   #9
LeEnfield

Go to a site called the British Army and National Service. I have posted pictures of dozens of troopships ans this has been added by a lot of other people. If it is not posted there drop them a line and see what they can dig up.
Good luck

Tags
castle, dunluce, find, ship, success