specnaz

iron cross

does anyone no much about russian specnaz i have been on web sites to find all about them and want to no more they are very hard soldiers they have to swim in blood under barb wire to get them use to the battlefield and death .thanks:)

I wonder where they get a river of blood to swim in

I thought you had been in the service?
The answer is obvious, "fill this form 226783 out in triplicate and we will get you 57856-83RB (River of Blood) requisition form to fill out.:wink:

Oh wait, I think that is the wrong form?

does anyone no much about russian specnaz i have been on web sites to find all about them and want to no more they are very hard soldiers they have to swim in blood under barb wire to get them use to the battlefield and death .thanks:)
At first, USSR/Russia had/has various units named `Spetsnaz`, and could you please specify which one do you relate to?

- SpetsNaz GRU. Complected from best conscripted force, this unit is prepared to be able attack MILITARY targets behind enemy lines, such as silos of ICBMs, mobile missile launch platforms, radar and communication centers, depot of ammo, fuel and equipment, bridges and transportation infrastructure. The US analog would be Army Rangers.

- SpetsNaz of NAVY. Complected from very best conscripted force (I think they choose best soldiers from marines) and trained for sabotage actions in enemy NAVY objects - ports, ships etc. US analog - NAVY Seals.

- SpetsNaz of KGB exists in two different subunits:
-- `Alfa` - complected from well-trained professionals, prepared for important counter-terrorist operations such as hostage rescue.
-- `Vympel` - complected from professionals, trained not less than 5 years. The aim of `Vympel` was attacks on POLITICAL targets in deep enemy territory, like assassination of key political figures, acts of terror, false flag operations and so on. Every operative of `Vympel` was trained for specific potential enemy country, including its language, cultural and social details, and had practice to live in his `target country` for a while to better get familiar with it. However, `Vympel` officially has been retired after collapse of USSR and officialy there is no of its successor.

US analog could be `Delta Force`?

- SpetsNaz of Ministry of Interior `Vityaz` - similar to `Alfa`, but less professional. Imho its analog of best US SWAT Teams.
- Sometimes OMON (Special Purpose Police Unit) and SOBR (Special Unit of Fast Reaction, no more operative) - analog of common US SWAT Teams.

I think you`re confusing them with the Boy Scouts.

I think you`re confusing them with the Boy Scouts.

I seem to recall that one of their manuals for field interogation involved filing a persons teach as method to speedily extract information - some kind of Boy Scout Troop that is!!

Myths and legends, the majority of Spetznas are conscripts earning a slightly higher wage than an average grunt (very low) they enjoy greater benefits though.

As for training though saying anything authoritative is impossible given that Russian spends 3200USD on its most elite troops yearly (by comparison US spends 129.000 USD, Germany 75.000 USD, Poland 42.000USD) then their training is likely severely lacking.

Doing simple math, take out living costs and you get maybe 500USD for bullets which is what? 200 shots a year?
i think you have not got a clue about what you are saying you must be stupid to think that
No he's right, Spetznaz do train physical fitness but as far as i know they dont train tactics, shooting or unarmed combat to a degree other elite units in the West do, they simply dont have any money for that so they're left with jogging around and breaking bricks.

Last edited:
i think you have not got a clue about what you are saying you must be stupid to think that

You can`t even form a coherent sentence in any of your posts, but I`m stupid? Your profile says you`re into body building. Perhaps you would be better served to exercise your mind for once.

You can`t even form a coherent sentence in any of your posts, but I`m stupid? Your profile says you`re into body building. Perhaps you would be better served to exercise your mind for once.
and you have a big gob considering you don,t no me i called you stupid because you were insulting my intelligence about specnaz:):):):):D

Hook160th does have a point about the spelling though... I am not sure about the correlation regarding body building and having an IQ. Can somebody look this up?

and you have a big gob considering you don,t no me i called you stupid because you were insulting my intelligence about specnaz:):):):):D

OK, I`ll bite....what`s a big gob? Let me help you out a little here. When you`re speaking about having knowledge, the word is "know", not "no". Also, "don,t" should be "don`t". You may want to throw in an occasional period between your sentences as well. As far as my initial post, it was just meant to be humorous.

Hook160th does have a point about the spelling though... I am not sure about the correlation regarding body building and having an IQ. Can somebody look this up?

No correlation Ted. The two aren`t at all related. My point was that maybe he should put more emphasis on the mental aspect of his game.

OK, I`ll bite....what`s a big gob? Let me help you out a little here. When you`re speaking about having knowledge, the word is "know", not "no". Also, "don,t" should be "don`t". You may want to throw in an occasional period between your sentences as well. As far as my initial post, it was just meant to be humorous.
i will spell how i like there is no law saying how i should spell i am English and i answer to no one especially Americans who think they invented the English language
as for bodybuilders not being able to think well i am a personal trainer and make loads of money what do you do for a living hang around web sites judging people that's all i have to say to you so go and get a life:):):):)

I heard that a lot of their training methods are illegal in the West and most other countries. I guess thats what happens when you drink too much Vodka.

From reading a lot of posts from this forum you guys seem really Anti-Russian for some reason? I can understand maybe from a military point of view but I notice some of you guys take it really personally.

Anyways, I remember watching this crap about 4-5 months ago on Youtube. Good stuff [The entire episode lasts about 45-60 minutes, so it has been split into parts. This is the order from first to last parts of the episode]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApWUH7NsbnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7H0Pj-LhVE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnd7Ea_BfkQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF_nvUHGnZo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXsLRD6hcrA&feature=related

I heard that a lot of their training methods are illegal in the West and most other countries. I guess thats what happens when you drink too much Vodka.
You heard wrong, much of their training methods are not used by the West because they're outdated or are there as simple time fillers because Specnaz doesnt have the money to shoot or drive vehicles.
From reading a lot of posts from this forum you guys seem really Anti-Russian for some reason? I can understand maybe from a military point of view but I notice some of you guys take it really personally.
Jesus no! I'm anti Israeli but i'm pretty neutral as far as Russia goes, its just that their military is in shambles.

Bottom line is you cant have a good military without money and russian military budget at this time is that of a third world country, its tiny.

Jesus no! I'm anti Israeli but i'm pretty neutral as far as Russia goes, its just that their military is in shambles.

Bottom line is you cant have a good military without money and russian military budget at this time is that of a third world country, its tiny.

Forgive me if I misunderstood you, but according to these two sources:

Source 1: Russia has the 5th highest military expenditure of $58.6 Billion USD [As of 2008]

Source 2: Russia has the 3rd highest military expenditure behind China and the United States at $50.0 Billion USD

I might have misunderstood you however, so please tell me if I have.

Back