Soviet Storm. World War 2 in the East - Documentary

PalmOo

The project “Soviet Storm: WW2 in the East” depicts the most important events and battles of World War II. The task of the project is to illustrate the history of the war by means of computer graphics, motion-picture images and wartime actuality shots.

Episode 1: Operation Barbarossa
Episode 2: Kiev, 1941
Episode 3: The Defence of Sevastopol
Episode 4: The Battle for Moscow
Episode 5: Leningrad
Episode 6: Rzhev
Episode 7: Stalingrad
Episode 8: The Battle for Caucasus
Episode 9: The Kursk Bulge
Episode 10: From the Dnieper to the Oder
Episode 11: Operation Bagration
Episode 12: War in the Air
Episode 13: War in the Sea
Episode 14: The Partisan Movement
Episode 15: Secret Intelligence of the Red Army
Episode 16: The Battle for Germany
Episode 17: Berlin
Episode 18: War Against Japan

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CerdjvePsg&list=PLwGzY25TNHPC_SsXFcIH-ba0nWuNbHOM6&index=1"]Soviet Storm. WW2 in the East - Operation Barbarossa. Episode 1. StarMedia. Babich-Design - YouTube[/ame]

An excellent series. I don't necessarily agree with all of it but they seemed to have caught the spirit of the horrors of the Ostheer or Great Patriotic War.

A really interesting series. I want to know more about the Great Patriotic War, but much of the historical materials were kept secret until quite recently. It will be decades before the records are mined for the details of Soviet and German operations in the East.

A really interesting series. I want to know more about the Great Patriotic War, but much of the historical materials were kept secret until quite recently. It will be decades before the records are mined for the details of Soviet and German operations in the East.

This is the reason that much about the Ostheer (Eastern Front) is still controversial. Such as Soviet losses both civilian and military (the Communist did their best to play down the incredible Soviet losses so as not to lose face). Even in the series they use some of the older, acceptable Eastern front figures and milestones. However the overall history is correct concerning major players, battles and campaigns as far as I can tell.

Back