So what is with the sudden burst of

MontyB

All-Blacks Supporter
adverts within the threads.

Is that a new thing or has something gone wrong with my browser?

I noticed those as well. I suppose if the boss on top decides he needs more dough rolling in to help keep this place going, then so be it. TANSTAAFL.

I suppose a forum as big as this will rely on advert revenue to keep afloat. It must cost a few bob to run. I know about my forum and its a fraction of the size of this one.

My fault..... :p
If you're thinking about the ads under the first post in the threads they've been here all the time, but they have only been visible when you're not logged in..

I did some changes on the adds a short while ago, and it seems like I managed to delete some of the code so it was made visible to everyone.
Fixed it now, since I want the forum the be (almost) add free for logged in members. :cool:

I suppose a forum as big as this will rely on advert revenue to keep afloat. It must cost a few bob to run.

Yeah it certainly does, so that's the reason why I need to have a few adds in here.....
It costs around $250-$300 / month for the server etc.... :rock:

Hehe, we have around 7-10.000 daily visitors to the main site here and need some good server hardware to support that. Especially when we get spikes in traffic.
And I also have a few other sites on the server.
So it's not mainly the forums "fault" that I have to pay that much. :)

I can only dream of them figures, I usually have between 20-30 members and 200 visitors a day. Then again, I only have 152 members at the moment. I've only been going 2 years, so I'm still growing. ;)

Back