Site For Buying Original Mauser Rifles

5.56X45mm said:
Mitchlle Mausers is kinda expsensive. If you want cheaper mausers. Look into Shotgun News.

Yeah, I read their speil about being made in Serbia instead of Germany which was being bombed heavily which caused a lot of inferior materials and tooling to be used. Supposedly these are superior to the normal, more heavily used Mausers but I'm not so sure about that.

I still wouldn't mind having one of those rifles though. They look in superb condition, I would love to have the rifle with the bayonet and the other items.

Since it is an online enterprise, it's easy to get things that have been misrepresented. As far as the basic quality of the weapon, there usually isn't much of an issue. Sometime collectors can have difficulty in picking up genuine issue weapons as opposed to unmatched or otherwise less noteworthy specimens.

The best thing would be to educate yourself over the next decade or so. :) Next best is to ask a neutral third party (some of your fellows members here might be able to help). If you have a particular specimen in mind, be sure to research it.

Simple things include making sure the weapon has not been refinished in any way (rebluing, sanding of the stock, etc.). It should have matching serial numbers. Slings, cleaning kits, and the like should be original manufacture rather than reproductions. The bore should be clean, shiny, and have no pitting. These are, of course, for a best case scenario. Some weapons are unavailable in perfect condition. Some are unavailable in perfect condition for a reasonable price. German firearms from WWII, as an example, are priced out of the range of most casual collectors. An authentic Luger in good condition will start around $2000.

Use this K43 as an example:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?item=53664790

It is evidently in flawless condition as far as shooting goes. Unfortunately for a collector, it has a replacement stock on it. Note that the seller still wants $6750.

Another consideration is whether or not you want to collect immaculate weapons to hang on your wall or whether you want to collect "shooter grade" weapons to drag out to the range or around in the woods. You can usually find less expensive specimens that are unmatched or have other characteristics that constitute flaws to a serious collector, but do not negatively impact the functionality of the weapon.

ahh thanks for that :)

Prices are quite expensive heh.. But I am sure members here can help, and you seem to be one of the best 8)

I just paid $110.00 for a Russian PU type scope mount for my Mosin-Nagant and $35.00 for a sporter bolt handle. I figure I've got $255.00 in a shooter grade with a good bore. An original scope would be about $250.00 so I'm looking for a cheaper scope. The numbers all match except for the bolt handle so the maker is removing the old stamped number and stamping my number on it for four dollars.

My main objective is a great shot group at 250 yards and fair at 500 for the least amount of money.

Remember that buying a Milsurp from someone like Military Gun Supply in Ft Worth, the public can pick and choose different grades but the price can go up pretty fast. If you buy from a good gun dealer, he's paid wholesale price and usually has picked a good grade of weapon cheaper than you can buy from the warehouse.

there are millions of old mauser coming out of the es USSR now, captured during the great patriotic war. P-38's, Lugers, Star model B's, . You can get a moisen nagant in nice shape for $65.00 or so. yugoslavia has let tons of SKS's and mausers go onto the market.
The U S Army is selling tons of springfields, Garands, and now M-1 carbines to the public.. get a copy of gunlist or shotgun News at the book store.

I still wouldn't mind having one of those rifles though. They look in superb condition, I would love to have the rifle with the bayonet and the other items.

It would be nice to be able to buy one in decent condition, a lot of the ones on the market around here came in with returning servicemen and have since been butchered to reduce weight for hunting.

Back