Seabees?

Most likely, it will be an introduction to naval construction, electricity, surveying, and maybe some demo demonstrations. Although expect some focus on survival, leadership, small arms, and elementary combat techniques as well, as most like to incorporate that for you guys.

Not sure how the PT will be, but go expecting to do some just in case.

Remember to keep your mouth shut, and ears open and you'll have a grand time and learn a lot while doing it.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but what is the Seabees?
Some kind of Naval/Navy engineers??

Redleg said:
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but what is the Seabees?
Some kind of Naval/Navy engineers??

Yes they're Navy Engineers - Construction Battalions (CB) .. although, I believe the nick "Seabee" actually came from their mascott (a bee).

about face said:
hey, I was close, they both look kinna th' same

Next time, say "thank you for the information" and move out. You may want to start practising keeping your mouth shut and ears open now.

Redneck said:
Correction, it's a bumble bee, about face.

I think that their nickname SeaBees also should give a little hint of what it was.. :lol:

ok I am a seabee brat and a current Army sgt . the seabees are construction battalion similar to the AF red horses. the name seabees was given to them by a admiral during WWII cause they were part of the Navy (sea) and they were always busy like bees. I know its simple and retard proof but hey it works. the seabees are the only construction establishment in the military who not only build but will defend themselves if attack . their jobs range from electricians to heavy equipment mechanics. most seabees go to port puenemi california for a school after boot at great lakes. dang listening to dads rants did teach me something ;)

I just got back from Great Lakes a few weeks ago for boot camp...let me know if you have any questions.

Its good to be home.

Have a great Navy day.

Back