SAS training Libyans?

"Ok men, place the magazine in your weapon. Charge the weapon and put your selector on fire. And put the weapon to your........ Good to go."

Typical, playing politics with that nut job.

Hardly the first time I'm afraid, and Qaddafi is actually better than some of the real butchers we have been friendly to.

He isnt even in the same league as say Saddam was. I will say that his turning over a new leaf appears to be genuine at least from the outside. He doesnt seem like the fire-breathing terrorist of the 1980s anymore. A very odd duck.

IF the story is true, Ill wager its because the UK views Ghaddafi as the lesser of evils compared to Islamic extremism. Ghaddafi was a terrorist, but his goals were always political not religious. Which makes him to a degree saner than the mad bomber trying to get to paradise.

Last edited:
My bet is that this has been going on for quite a while, ever since Quaddafi renounced nuclear weapons and decided to join the international fold.

I reckon that it has only broken now due to focussed emphasis on Libya due to Meneghri, or whatever his name is, after all Libya has quite a chunk of the Med coast, ideal as an operational springboard and a bulwark against extremists of any ilk.

Back