Russia Deploys New Set of ’Unbeatable’ Missiles

Marwan

top.jpg

The chief of Russia’s strategic forces on Saturday attended the deployment of a new set of state-of-the art intercontinental ballistic missiles, boasting of their capability to penetrate any prospective missile defense, news reports quoted by AP said.

Colonel General Nikolai Solovtsov, chief of the Strategic Missile Forces, took part in a ceremony that marked the commissioning of the latest set of Topol-M missiles at a missile base in Tatishchevo in the Volga River’s Saratov region.

Solovtsov said that the new missile “is capable of penetrating any missile defense system,” the RIA Novosti and Interfax news agencies reported.

Russian officials have called prospective U.S. missile defenses destabilizing and boasted repeatedly that Russia’s new missiles could pierce any nation’s missile shield.

The Russian military commissioned the first group of Topol-Ms in December 1998, but the deployment has proceeded slower than planned because of a shortage of funds, and Soviet-built ballistic missiles have remained the backbone of the nation’s nuclear forces.

The Topol-M missiles, capable of hitting targets more than 10,000 kilometers away, have so far been deployed in silos. The mobile version, mounted on a heavy off-road vehicle, is to enter combat service next year, Solovtsov said.

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/12/25/topolm.shtml

Great, just great.

The Russians can't even keep an eye on their older nuclear weapons and what do they do. They make more.

Hmmm....IF (and that is a really BIG IF) the US "Missile Shield" ever works as it is designed to, I'm not really sure what you could do to a reentry vehicle to make it impossible to hit.

Sounds a lot like the Soviet "ABM's" of the early 70's. In that case they were obsolete SAM's with a few new winglets added, a fresh coat of paint, and a manual to go with it. Pure disinformation.

Telling the world you have a new unbeatble weapon system is a lot easier than actually bulding it.

If they have no idea of what the missile shield system will eventually consist of, how can they be certain that their missile can defeat it? Same old lying, Cold War era lying coming out of the Kremlin. I sense some fear of losing face in the once semi-dangerous Great Bear.

Missileer said:
If they have no idea of what the missile shield system will eventually consist of, how can they be certain that their missile can defeat it? Same old lying, Cold War era lying coming out of the Kremlin. I sense some fear of losing face in the once semi-dangerous Great Bear.

indeed!!

It is a pretty cool looking truck though.

The picture escapes but me but il try to find one of those big Artic trainst he US army used to operate, they looked cool as hell to.

Back