Rush Limbaugh Dropped From Ram's Bid List

This wackjob doesn't even deserve to be on public radio. *rolls eyes* Just read some of the stuff he says.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4562338

My biggest problem is that he cries out that Americans need more responsibility for their lives... Yet he blames everyone BUT himself for this... Give me a break.

I cannot say I'm surprised the NFL doesnt want him. Best case scenario about Rush -shes a shameless profiteer he exploits people fears (closet racism) and racial tensions with his relentless ad hominem attacks on black people. Worse Case Scenario, -he's a Klansman without the clown suit.

To give you all some prespective, when Marge Schott owned the Cincinatti Reds she literally self-destructed her own team with her racist comments and abrasive personality, now couple that with a league where 67% of the players in the NFL are black.

How does Rush Limbaugh expect his players to play well for him when he refers to NFL games as I quote: "a gang fight between the Bloods and Crip -without weapons". Thats an insult not only against black football players but against the NFL as well.

The NFL is MUCH better without him.

8.gif
It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy .....

The NFL didn't need Mr. Windbag
28_2_9.gif
giving the players or owners a
Censored1.JPG

[
bad name].

Last edited:
You know whats Funny, Limbaugh is still whining on the radio that he was excluded because of his conservative views.

But heres the thing, NFL ownership is a VERY exclusive club. Most of the owners are all White, very rich, and very politically conservative. Exactly the same cloth that Rush is cut from. So Rush's "I'm a victim" attitude are as per usual, baseless.

He was excluded because he would have brought nothing to the NFL but poor publicity and bad business. As his last stint as ESPN commentator proved, he is a shameless race-baiter who knows even less than I do about Football.

Then again, I would have loved to seen the reaction of the RAMS when he told them as owner to "take the bone out of their nose" or "the NFL resembles a gang fight between the Bloods and the Crips". They would have used his fat rear-end as a tackling dummy.

I'm not sure Rush doesn't have a right to be angry. In the last five years the NFL has reinstated a convicted felon (Vick) an accessory to murder (Ray Lewis) countless drug addicts (too many to list) but because he made 4-5 "off - color" comments, he can't play in their sandbox?? The NFL is going soft and will be old hat in the next 10-15 years if they don't change their ways. Almost all contact is gone from the sport (no hitting QB'S ever, don't hit a reciever until he tells you he's ready for it, etc.) and the excitement from year to year is dwindling. Then again I'm not a business Guru, I'm just some schmuck with an internet connection, what do I know?

I'm not sure Rush doesn't have a right to be angry. In the last five years the NFL has reinstated a convicted felon (Vick) an accessory to murder (Ray Lewis) countless drug addicts (too many to list) but because he made 4-5 "off - color" comments, he can't play in their sandbox?? The NFL is going soft and will be old hat in the next 10-15 years if they don't change their ways. Almost all contact is gone from the sport (no hitting QB'S ever, don't hit a reciever until he tells you he's ready for it, etc.) and the excitement from year to year is dwindling. Then again I'm not a business Guru, I'm just some schmuck with an internet connection, what do I know?

Rush's comments have been far worse than off color and far too many than just a few.

A few listed here:
http://newsone.com/obama/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/

Now when you figure that 67% of the NFL players are black, not to mention having both black AND liberal NFL fans (i.e customers) allowing a nasty individual like Rush into the NFL seems like a very unwise decision. The lesson of the day is that words can hurt, and as Rush found out his words had consequences.

The players (even many white players) didn't want him, many had said that they refused to play either for or against the RAMS if Rush was an owner.
The fans didn't want him (there was already talk of a NFL boycott), and remembering his short-lived stint on ESPN many in the NFL management didn't want him either. The players, the fans, and the management were against him.

So the other NFL owners saw this pretty clearly. Rush Limbaugh brings NOTHING to the NFL but problems they didnt have and didn't need. One Marge Schott was enough.

I find his persona just very abnoxious....unfortunatly he will be around somewhere, still..He is payed millions and more millions to keep doing what he does... That is unbelieavable people trully enjoy and entertained by him? wow..just wow..

The TRULY frightening thing is, Nina, that there are a LOT of Republicans who agree with him... Republicans who listen to his show and say "YEAH!" to everything that spills out of that OxyContin abusing, arrogant, racist mouth.

I find his persona just very abnoxious....unfortunatly he will be around somewhere, still..He is payed millions and more millions to keep doing what he does... That is unbelieavable people trully enjoy and entertained by him? wow..just wow..

People listen to Rush because he tells them exactly what they want to believe whether or not its actually true or not (and it usually isnt true, because the truth doesnt help Rush's ratings). The other reason they listen to Rush is because Limbaugh says the outrageous things that they are too cowardly to admit on their own.

Our constitution allows Rush to air his hateful views in Public, but there is nothing that requires us to be forced to listen to him while watching the NFL.

Rush won't be around forever. His Audience is White, Male, sub/rural, over 50 years old. Its 13 Million Listens, which while alot, is peanuts compared to the 300 Million population. Moreover, he is extremely unpopular outside of this demographic which is why he rarely comes out of his fortified mansion in Florida.

Rush's comments have been far worse than off color and far too many than just a few.

A few listed here:
http://newsone.com/obama/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/

Now when you figure that 67% of the NFL players are black, not to mention having both black AND liberal NFL fans (i.e customers) allowing a nasty individual like Rush into the NFL seems like a very unwise decision. The lesson of the day is that words can hurt, and as Rush found out his words had consequences.

My point was the NFL is OK with convicted felon's (Vick) accomplice's to murder (Ray Lewis) and a thousand and one drug addicts being part of their league, but A guy who makes racist comments is over the line? Sounds like society as a whole has their priorities screwed up. What are they teaching kids who idolize NFL players? "Ok little Jimmy, it's ok to murder, steal, do drugs, beat women, or start fights in clubs, but don't you dare use a racial slur!" Way to go NFL!

JL ...
The point that has been made on several posts, is the fact that the NFL is NOT a government occupation where stringent requirements are in effect to force the owners to accept every potential investor/owner. The NFL is privately owned and the other owners do NOT have to accept someone who carries the baggage that Limbaugh carries.

While the NFL has a reputation of accepting players with questionable reputations, Rush Limbaugh has a reputation that no one wishes to have to deal with. The exception are "Ditto-heads" .. (Limbaugh fans who march in lock step with Rush's every word and whim).

As MMarsh said ... "The players, the fans, and the management were against him.

So the other NFL owners saw this pretty clearly. Rush Limbaugh brings NOTHING to the NFL but problems they didnt have and didn't need. One Marge Schott was enough.
"

While drugs and petty criminals can find a niche with the NFL ... bigotry and racism won't be tolerated ... one Marge Schott was MORE than enough ... the NFL IS evolving even if somewhat slowly. As long as the fans venerate certain players, the owners and NFL teams will accept 'criminals' if it means the teams remain winners ... after all, winning is everything where the sport of football is concerned.

My point was the NFL is OK with convicted felon's (Vick) accomplice's to murder (Ray Lewis) and a thousand and one drug addicts being part of their league, but A guy who makes racist comments is over the line? Sounds like society as a whole has their priorities screwed up. What are they teaching kids who idolize NFL players? "Ok little Jimmy, it's ok to murder, steal, do drugs, beat women, or start fights in clubs, but don't you dare use a racial slur!" Way to go NFL!

In all cases, the individual did nothing to put the NFL itself into disrepute, there crimes were not at all related to the NFL in any way. They served out their sentence (each did 1 year), and are therefore square with the house again. The other reason to allow them back is because both players contribute something to the Game -they are actually good players despite their deplorable personal behavior.

Limbaugh has repeatively put the NFL into disrepute with his racist comments, for example by comparing black football players to LA gang members and suggesting that the only reason McNabb was the Eagles QB was because the media wanted it. Furthermore Limbaugh has nothing to offer the game but big problems. He knows nothing about either the game or the business aspect of football, and the very last thing the Rams need is a new Marge Schott running their team. Very simply, The Owners didnt want him, the players didnt want him, and the fans didnt want him. As you can see, Rush didnt have very many friends in football.

Rush was cast aside because his past and present comments (which would have continued) would have had a very destructive effect on the NFL. The owners recognized that Limbaugh in the NFL was bad for business. Lewis and Vick were not. Its that simple.

Rush's comments have caused alot of pain to certain people and he made those comments without caring who he hurt. But his history of hate filled comments made a victim Rush most certainly did not expect: himself. Rush recieved collateral damage from his own mouth and he one to blame but himself. And true to form Rush blamed this on the players Union Rep, as well as certain activists. Ever so happy to play the victim (which he usually does whenever hes in trouble) Rush didnt once consider his own role in this situation.

Personally I am enjoying the Schadenfreude, What happened to Rush couldnt have happened to a nicer person!

Someone who's served their sentence should be allowed (in principle anyway) to gain employment. Or else, you might as well just keep 'em in jail!

I am in no way saying that Rush's comments are OK. I just think it's odd that the other, more serious offenders, do a little time (much less then you or I would do) and suddenly they're "square with the house." Yet Rush is forever banned for his comments. True the other players bring talent (not sure about Vick anymore) but Limbaugh brings money and his own following (Both of which the Rams need desperately). If Rush apologized for his comments do you think more people would be willing to give him a shot as owner?

Well, the day Rush does a year of prison time for his comments and comes out a changed man, I'll let him own an NFL team. Heh.

The problem being I don't think anyone would buy an apology for racist comments from Rush Limbaugh...

Okay so Larry Johnson (RB Chiefs) has been suspended for using a homophobic slur on his twiiter account. Does he have to go to prison for that and pay a debt to the PC police before he can play again.

I am in no way saying that Rush's comments are OK. I just think it's odd that the other, more serious offenders, do a little time (much less then you or I would do) and suddenly they're "square with the house." Yet Rush is forever banned for his comments. True the other players bring talent (not sure about Vick anymore) but Limbaugh brings money and his own following (Both of which the Rams need desperately). If Rush apologized for his comments do you think more people would be willing to give him a shot as owner?

The Rams need money, but being an NFL owner requires that you be a multi-millionaire. So whoever buys the Rams is going to have very deep pockets. The Rams don't need the dittoheads, lots of football fans in Saint Louis, they dont need a bunch of mental munchkins following them around.

If Rush truly expressed regret over his comments and changed his tune thereafter (no more racist comments) then people would be willing to reconsider his application. But what are the chances of that actually happening? He likes being a mean-spirited bigot, and its made him very rich too. In other words, Hell (not the one in Michigan) would freeze over first.

USMC03

Your comparing one single slip of the tongue to a waste of human skin whose disdain for people of color has been ongoing for 20 years. Furthermore, gays dont make up 67% of the NFL. What makes Rush's comments worse is that he has repeatively insulted the overwhelming majority of the the NFL staff.

USMC03

Your comparing one single slip of the tongue to a waste of human skin whose disdain for people of color has been ongoing for 20 years. Furthermore, gays dont make up 67% of the NFL. What makes Rush's comments worse is that he has repeatively insulted the overwhelming majority of the the NFL staff.

Actually it was two slips of the tongue and I have no clue what the percentage of gays is in the NFL. USMC03 has a good point though. Why is one racist comment worse than the other? Is it because of who it's directed at?

Back