About Rugby World Cup 2012 Page 4
|October 9th, 2011||#31|
| || |
See I don't have a lot of sympathy for the Boks, if you cant score tries you shouldn't win tests.
The Argentinian match was an interesting one, Argentina played like Ireland, slow the ball up and when in trouble give away penalties.
We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation. ~Francois De La Rochefoucauld
|October 9th, 2011||#33|
| || |
Going to be some good rugby in the semi's.
"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck
|October 10th, 2011||#34|
| || |
I am hoping the French will get up for their semi as they are my second team in this competition but there is an old adage that says "France has one good game in them at every world cup " and I suspect they used that against England.
|October 10th, 2011||#36|
| || |
Wales have been playing well though but I think their weakness is in the centers, when the Irish actually ran at them instead of into the biggest pile of forwards they could find they ran over top of the Welsh every time.
On the brighter side Wales have never made a final so at least it wont be the same old teams playing.
Fortunately for me England are not going to win it as that would be the most depressing outcome possible, the four remaining teams are entertaining teams and that is what rugby needs to show case itself for future growth, not these "its all about winning even if we have to wake the spectators after the game" teams.
Last edited by MontyB; October 10th, 2011 at 08:00..
|October 10th, 2011||#37|
| || |
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat situation excellent. I shall attack." -Foch
I am from NYC. I fly a French flag because I work in Paris.
|October 11th, 2011||#39|
| || |
For those reading this and not sure who to root for I offer the following.
Support Wales and you support the planet. They are the ecological choice. Being the smallest country in both size and population still left in the running if they win the celebrations will consume the least amount of natural resources. Its simple logic, if you love the planet and want to make a change then you cheer on the Welsh.
*The preceding message was brought to you by the Welsh Rugby World Cup Save the Planet Foundation*
|October 11th, 2011||#40|
| || |
- Our current first five (4th choice) has just got back from injury and hasn't played a test in 12 months, the back up hasn't played in 12 months also and hasn't been in training for the last 3 months.
- Our fullback has just returned from a serious foot injury, played 3 games and limped off in all 3 after about 50-60 mins, the back up broke his shoulder in last weeks game and his back up hasn't played any rugby in 3 months also.
- The Captain has his foot screwed together so he could take part in this tournament has missed 2 games through injury and has only been playing 2/3rds of the matches he has started in.
- On the wings we have a guy returning from a leg injury, and a guy that left the field with a hamstring injury last week that prior to that was out with the same injury.
- One loose forward is playing his 2nd game after being out with a serious injury that sidelined him for most of the year.
- The other loose forward is on form but suffers from reoccurring leg injuries where for which he had 3 stoppages in the last game.
Basically this team is in bad shape and does not have the time to bring replacements up to speed so I think it would be a brave man to pick New Zealand over Australia in this match unless the Aussies play a shocker which is unlikely given that they did that last week.
|Russia Presidential Election 2012: possible outcomes and consequences for the world|
|BBC website shows World Cup games|
|~World Cup 2006|
|China plans to invade US!|
|Stars gather for World Cup draw [soccer]|