Rising Generation of Chinese -


  International Military Forums > >
User Name
Password

 
September 25th, 2004   #1
godofthunder9010
 
 

Rising Generation of Chinese info


Most people have heard of the law in China disallowing families from having more than one child. Most also know that having a boy for a child is far more valued than having a girl, and because of this, there have been a lot of cases where a baby girl is drowned in a nearby ditch or killed in some other way. Its a phenominon is one that the Chinese government has certainly tried to stop, but it still occurs to this day.

But that's not what I wanted to discuss. I recently read an article that the fact that the first Culled generation is about to turn 18. The numbers cited are 70% boys vs 30% girls for people of that approximate agegroup in China. I can't vouch for the numbers since I just read them in an article, but it stands to reason that there would be a significant amout of disproportion of boys to girls. What impact will this have on China?? Does the value of a baby girl increase when over half of the rising generation of boys will never have the chance to marry? Does the power of women increase by default simply because they are a rare comodity that not everyone can have? Does that unmarried 40% lead China toward a more agressive, warlike future? (That last was the primary concern cited in the article and not the foremost in my own thoughts, but I suppose it should be mentioned.)


"It is well that war is so terrible, else we should grow too fond of it."
- General Robert E. Lee
Warning, critical pebkac error in the iD10t!! pebkac\wtflolurpwnzd\snafuroflmao.exe called iD10t, iD10t failed to respond!! System in danger!!

"It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man." -Chevy Chase
 
--
September 25th, 2004   #2
FlyingFrog
 

Re: Rising Generation of Chinese info


Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Most people have heard of the law in China disallowing families from having more than one child. Most also know that having a boy for a child is far more valued than having a girl, and because of this, there have been a lot of cases where a baby girl is drowned in a nearby ditch or killed in some other way. Its a phenominon is one that the Chinese government has certainly tried to stop, but it still occurs to this day.

But that's not what I wanted to discuss. I recently read an article that the fact that the first Culled generation is about to turn 18. The numbers cited are 70% boys vs 30% girls for people of that approximate agegroup in China. I can't vouch for the numbers since I just read them in an article, but what impact will this have on China??
godofthunder9010. you really made me laugh at your post

It is typically a case of brain-wash and propaganda by western media, I would like to see the source.

First, killing baby girl, yes, it happened before, it may happen today too, but believe it or not, it is a very rare/scarce/uncommon cases, it is not like that it happens often/daily/everywhere.

Second, 70 vs 30? I think that article is treating the readers like fools. if it is really so 70 boys vs 30 girls, my god, the whole country would have been in panic
Let me tell the true fact than: it is something like 50.05% boy vs 49.95% girls, and Chinese government and scientists are already worring about this a lot, and newspapers are already starting joking that in 20 years China needs to import a lot brides from outside world

Also very important facts:
Only city people are allowed to have one kid per family, but now this rule is loosing, you may have 2, but then you will not get government benifits like the one-kid families have.
ALL rural area's are allowed to have 2 to 3 kids per family.
ALL minority people (Mongols, Muslims, etc) are allowed to have as many kids as they want.


From Corporals to Generals. Rising Dragons of Middle Kingdom.
http://s3.invisionfree.com/PLA_MILIT...TURE/index.php
 
September 25th, 2004   #3
godofthunder9010
 
 
Considering the traditional attitudes of Chinese toward their women/wives, this may be a tall order. Who would want to come to China to marry unless it IMPROVES their living circumstances?

As already stated, I read it in an article so I'm not vouching for the accuracy of the numbers. I should expect that you would have access to more accurate numbers, but at least you can confirm that there IS a problem.
 
September 25th, 2004   #4
FlyingFrog
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Considering the traditional attitudes of Chinese toward their women/wives, this may be a tall order. Who would want to come to China to marry unless it IMPROVES their living circumstances?

As already stated, I read it in an article so I'm not vouching for the accuracy of the numbers. I should expect that you would have access to more accurate numbers, but at least you can confirm that there IS a problem.
Now, A LOT OF women from Vietnam, N.Korea marry Chinese men.

A LOT OF Russian women are marring Chinese men, very common in Northern China.

2 weeks ago, Holland TV were showing many Dutch women are traveling to China to marry Chinese men

China is getting richer and stronger, it will not surprise me at all after some decade more and more foreign women will marry Chinese men.
 
September 25th, 2004   #5
Doppleganger
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Considering the traditional attitudes of Chinese toward their women/wives, this may be a tall order. Who would want to come to China to marry unless it IMPROVES their living circumstances?

As already stated, I read it in an article so I'm not vouching for the accuracy of the numbers. I should expect that you would have access to more accurate numbers, but at least you can confirm that there IS a problem.
Now, A LOT OF women from Vietnam, N.Korea marry Chinese men.

A LOT OF Russian women are marring Chinese men, very common in Northern China.

2 weeks ago, Holland TV were showing many Dutch women are traveling to China to marry Chinese men

China is getting richer and stronger, it will not surprise me at all after some decade more and more foreign women will marry Chinese men.
Why are Dutch women travelling to China to marry Chinese men? I can't see any obvious reason and certainly it cannot be for economic reasons.

Another point. Isn't China worried that if they allow minorities to have as many kids as they like whilst restricting their own family sizes that in years to come the minorities will no longer be in the minority?
 
September 25th, 2004   #6
godofthunder9010
 
 
China has had something of a xenophobia problem in the past, so "half-breeds" will likely not be well treated. Not to say that the problem is with ALL Chinese, but enough of them that you wouldn't wanna be half european and half Chinese living as a Chinese citizen.
 
September 25th, 2004   #7
FlyingFrog
 
Quote:
Why are Dutch women travelling to China to marry Chinese men? I can't see any obvious reason and certainly it cannot be for economic reasons.

Another point. Isn't China worried that if they allow minorities to have as many kids as they like whilst restricting their own family sizes that in years to come the minorities will no longer be in the minority?
Of course not for economic reasons, but purely for looking for true love

No worry, first Chinese are really no evils towards minorities, second, all minorities except some Muslims view themselves as normal Chinese, we look same, we share now same cultures, we have no problem with each other at all.

Quote:
China has had something of a xenophobia problem in the past, so "half-breeds" will likely not be well treated. Not to say that the problem is with ALL Chinese, but enough of them that you wouldn't wanna be half european and half Chinese living as a Chinese citizen.
Oh yeah half-Chinese half-European is well treated very well at least in public, but inside minds of people, they don't like this kind of people to be honest, but I think after some years people getting more open-minded, then it is no problem more, as long as those kids embrace Chinese cultures, that's all. China in long term will look at somewhat the current USA or Europe are, a lot of beautiful mixed people, why not.
 
September 25th, 2004   #8
godofthunder9010
 
 
So there is no acceptance if they bring their European Culture with them? The US is a melting pot of all the cultures. People don't abandon their traditions just because they emmigrate.
 
September 25th, 2004   #9
FlyingFrog
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
So there is no acceptance if they bring their European Culture with them?
What is European culture then? See we have all American pop music, MacD burgers, KenChicken, everything. F1 Grand Prix is riding in Shanghai tomorrow, European culture (at least part of it) is already in daily life of many Chinese, and the influence is simply growing
 
September 25th, 2004   #10
Chocobo_Blitzer
 
Boxer rebellion: round two!


\"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.\"
 



Tags
article, boys, china, generation, girl