re-enlistment with RE-4

Brie

I have seen many posts about not being able to re-enlist with an RE-4 , all with problems of fighting, drugs or some other type of trouble.
I have a very clean record, but I was discharged from the USCG with an Honorable Discharge with an RE-4 for Depression. Is there no hope for re-enlistment for me, or is there a chance I can get it changed? I have absolutley nothing on my record but maybe a speeding ticket??

I'm having an incredibly hard time with my RE 3F code which is waiverable, according to every recruiter I have talked to in the last 30 days, with all branches of the United States Armed Forces, excluding the USCG. You are not eligible, not even for a waiver, I'm sorry man...

I am sure others on the IMF could iterate more into the subject for you, but I am pretty sure you are done.

out of luck with re4

In general people with RE codes of 3 or 4 cannot reelist in the military. With your RE4 designation it will be just about impossible for you to reup. Most RE4 designations aren't reviewable or waiverable. There is a process for getting your RE code changed but it is long, ugly and usually ends up with a NO.

I have heard that reserve and guard units are more concerned about the Honorable part of your discharge that the RE code. You might try that route. I suggest that you do not try to get into the reserves in the service you served in before. it is better to ship over to another branch. Good luck.

Back