RE Code Upgrade & Waiver Talk

Dwrann91

So, i dont want to lead anyone in the wrong direction. But i want to talk about my situation and get advice. i was medically discharged from the USAF in April of 2014 during my 6th week of BMT. The code i was assigned is a RE 4c. i know what it is and i dont need the definition. This code was falsely assigned to me and im looking to get it upgraded. My recruiter , who was the initial recruiter during my first enlistment, believes the the USAF screwed me on the discharge and is willing to help through my process. My reasoning for discharge was i had an adverse( 1 time) reaction to the Peanut Butter shot ( Penicillin ) . Ive been out for over a year and have not had a single reaction. In my Discharge paper work the Commander over at Lackland stated that i "should" be allowed to reenlist with an approved waiver. The doc on base also stated that i am recommended for reenlistment.I have Both recommendations i have in writing. ..I got a waiver from a civi doc. Is this going to be enough ? on top of upgrading my Re Code ? Im aware of Downsizing, Cutbacks, the fact that the mil. is hard on people reenlisting, and all the other factors working against me.

Back