RE-4 (probably a duplicate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwofford83

First and foremost I would like to apologize for my lack of fluency in the language of online forums. I find the set-up to be clumsy and frustrating. This thread has probably been repeated somewhere else.

Anyhow, I was given a General Under Honorable discharge from the USN in 2001-2 (I think the papers went in during 01, but wasn't discharged completely until Jan 17 2001). I was given an "ultimatum", which in hindsight seems somewhat unfair, that I had to either go to another branch of the service - which at the time I did not care to do - or leave the military FOREVER (due to the RE-4).

So anyways, 9 years later, older, and wiser, I am regretting my youthful pride that made me think that going to another branch, or the surface fleet for that matter, wasn't an option. I miss the service. I miss the job. I miss the environment. I miss it all. I'd like to serve my country and can't understand why I was given such a grave ultimatum at the ripe age of 18. I wasn't considered responsible enough to legally drink, so how could I have been responsible enough to make permanent, life-altering decisions. Maybe I mentioned this, but it just seems ridiculous, unfair, and dare I say, asinine. :bang:

I realize that hoping to be back on subs might be shooting for the moon, but being an STG would be an enjoyable consolation prize as fortune's runner-up.

Thanks in advance to all who take time out of their day to point me in the right direction. I just hope the directions don't lead to anything bureaucratic ~ haha ;)

Read the sticky 5 lines above this.
I dont really understand these codes, but reading this topic, you are rooted.
Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back