Rainbow Six: Lockdown

Locke

for those of you out there who love tom clancy books, movies, and games, you are in for a nice bit of news: a new game!!!!
while not exactly new news, i saw downloaded the trailer and this game looks awesome!!!
SAN FRANCISCO – December 23, 2004 – Ubisoft today announced that Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six 4 (working title), will now be officially titled Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Lockdown™. The game is being developed by two of Ubisoft’s award-winning studios: Red Storm Entertainment, the maker of the original Rainbow Six, & Ubisoft’s Montreal Studio. For continuous up-to-date news on Rainbow Six: Lockdown, visit the teaser website at: http://www.rainbowsixgame.com.

In Rainbow Six: Lockdown, players lead Team Rainbow, the world’s most elite counter-terrorist unit, as they are called into action and dispatched into unfamiliar territory to battle a bioterrorist threat. Stakes escalate as they are personally targeted by an evil terrorist organization. Used to protecting the lives of others, Team Rainbow must now embark on a mission to fight and save some of their own.

Rainbow Six: Lockdown will build on the ingredients that have made the Rainbow Six® franchise a runaway success, and will introduce a new single-player experience with a personal, darker storyline, state-of-the-art equipment, and offer gamers the chance to play as two members of Team Rainbow.

Multiplayer modes will return with enhanced features. Additionally, PlayStation®2 and Xbox® versions will get new & amazing exclusive modes that will bring the multiplayer experience to a further level of excellence.

Game features include:

• Stunning graphics and ultra-realistic “ragdoll” physics deliver staggering realism and spectacular close quarter firefights.
• Superior multiplayer experience: One of the best multiplayer games ever returns with the classics: Adversarial & Cooperative modes through Split-Screen & on-line. Additional exclusive modes will make their appearance with:
o PlayStation®2 - New Rivalry Mode pits Rainbow operatives against trained mercenaries in objective-driven, team-based adversarial gameplay.
o New Xbox® Live™ “Career Mode” allows players to create their own operative, improve their skills and acquire extra equipment in all-new objective-based missions.
• Increasingly intelligent enemy A.I.
• New weapons and equipment.
• Tension-building sound effects.
despite the above announcement not mentioning PC, it is stated that it will be released on PC here:
Click here to read the Gamezone announcement

the official website is here and there is the trailer for the game on the index page, or you can get it from here
as you can see from the trailer and from reading, there is coop and iron sights. those two things alone, in my opinion, make this a game worth getting!!!!!

a new idea they are implementing is goggles. as you can see: Click to see the screenshot
the screen view isn't normal, they have tried to simulate the goggles taht are worn. this is a cool step towards making the gaming experience more immersive and realistic.

what is interesting, and it seems lately to be an increasing trend, that games are released on PC and across multi platform, but the game consoles seem to get extra content that the PC doesn't get. this to me really shows that gaming is picking up at an incredible rate, and it is starting to move away from computers and more strongly onto consoles.

of course a game of this calibre (lol)is not going to go unnoticed, there are previews from:

Gamespot

IGN

look to seeing this game on shelves in north america in the 2nd quarter of this year

cool, i like Rainbow 6 best of all Clancy's games.

although i'm sick of desert themes. make it interesting, internal USA threats, German, French, who cares! desert and south american just gets annoying after the 20th game....

Back