Quotes about the marine corps

USMCGrunt

The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!
MGen. Frank E. Lowe, USA; Korea, 26 January 1952

Marines know how to use their bayonets. Army bayonets may as well be paper-weights.
Navy Times; November 1994

Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines.
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918

We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?
Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff
during the assault on Grenada, 1983

[SIZE=+2]They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or "we'll blow you away." And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with these really big guns, and they said in Somali, "Igaralli ahow," which means "Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake". [/SIZE]
Karen Aquilar, in the U.S. Embassy; Mogadishu, Somalia, 1991

[SIZE=+2]Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army. [/SIZE]
Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War;
shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered
to not wear their khaki leggings.

Hell, these are Marines. Men like them held Guadalcanal and took Iwo Jima. Bagdad ain't ****.
Marine Major General John F. Kelly

Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
Ned Dolan

A Marine should be sworn to the patient endurance of hardships, like the ancient knights; and it is not the least of these necessary hardships to have to serve with sailors.
Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery

And my favorite!~
The wonderful love of a beautiful maid,
The love of a staunch true man,
The love of a baby, unafraid,
Have existed since time began.

But the greatest of loves, The quintessence of loves.
even greater than that of a mother,
Is the tender, passionate, infinite love,
of one drunken Marine for another.

"Semper Fidelis"

Or the one out of the milform's photo gallery , a quote from the great Puller himself while in Korea.

"We are sourounded...that simplifies our problem"

"The Marine Corps is the Navy's police force and as long as I am President that is what it will remain. They have a propaganda machine that is almost equal to Stalin's."
-US President Harry S. Truman

"The Marine Corps is the Navy's police force and as long as I am President that is what it will remain. They have a propaganda machine that is almost equal to Stalin's."
-US President Harry S. Truman
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion".
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Back