quick questions

mandi

im trying to find a number for how many people in the military suuport the war in iraq....does anyone know a website i can go to to find that out, or has anyone read anything (with documented proof)? thanks guys!

Cadet Seaman said:
Try gloalsecurity.org, they have some good info.

did you mean "www.globalsecurity.org" ?

With some exceptions, Mandy, you'll find that most American servicemembers will support their commander-in-chief and their fellow servicemembers in any armed conflict. Once out of uniform, they may speak out against a particular campaign or effort, but rarely will uniformed servicemembers speak out against a wartime effort during that time period.

The late LTC David Hackworth was a notable Vietnam-era exception to that rule.

By and large, servicemembers hate war, and hate the circumstances which bring about their entry into it. But their hatred, if you will, will focus on those who created the circumstances, not those who responded to the circumstances by sending our forces into the conflict.

Yeah, you can look up for percentages, maybe, but the mainstream data will undoubtedly be that most of the people in uniform are not against their current efforts -
most of my friends in the military are Bushian, that speaks for itself.

I'd guess Yes.

Usually the military personnel are treated well under Republican leadership. All it takes is for the troops to feel morally obligated to the war as well as being given whatever they need by the leadership to win the war. Under President Bush, the American military couldn't be happier I don't think. I served under Reagan, Bush Sr and Clinton and it went in that exact order as far as who treated the military best. Of course, Reagan Bush Sr were pretty much the same as far as the militayr was concerned.

Back