questions about the f 16

Personally I am confident that the JSF will deliver. The JSF is an impressive platform in itself. Even though the platform in isolation is largely irrelevant for determining capability. The JSF is designed to dovetail into the system. Basically introducing the information revolution to an airframe.

Also unlike its competitors you get what is advertised all of it capability specs are replicable under combat conditions .

i think there is no any dogfight anymore . because the new generation of fighters can shot their missile from any position
the more important now
- missile rang (bvr)
- missile accuracy
- radar power
- electronic weapons
- stealth power

The F-22 has a canon on board, so it is prepared for dogfights. Maybe because of lessons learned in the Vietnam war.

About questions about the F-16

Personally I am confident that the JSF will deliver. The JSF is an impressive platform in itself.
The JSF is designed to dovetail into the system. Basically introducing the information revolution to an airframe.

I also believe that the F-35 will workout. There is so many people/organizations which it need the F-35.

There is an F-35 Forum URL;
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewforum-f-22.html
Lots of quality information from pilot mechanics, etc.
First the F-35 simply set as a replacement for the AV-8 Harrier. The Marines still need a plane that can operate on "day one" of the next world war. One after another the Navy and the USAF decided to replace the F/A-18 and the F-16. I would like to know why at a certain point the design of each variant was not frozen? Then each design could proceed on its own. Even the USN realized this with F/A-18C/D's conversion to the F/A-18E/F. These two planes wound up with a 35% commonality.
(The F-4 Phantom was a great multi-purpose fighter-bomber... by accident. It is a folly to design a fighter-bomber to be that great.)
This in part is why we have the kluge called the F-35 program.
What one factor in why so many countries still want the F-35 is because it is supposed to operate for 20 years without any repairs to the avionics!! Provide unheard of low reliability for 20 years!

i think there is no any dogfight anymore . because the new generation of fighters can shot their missile from any position
the more important now
- missile rang (bvr)
- missile accuracy
- radar power
- electronic weapons
- stealth power
That I do not believe. While the missiles have improved, so have the counter measures! The world has never seen aerial combat in which both sides have same level proficiency with pilots, missiles, aircraft and, off-board jammers! Since Viet Nam almost all air combat has been one sided. The one exception I can think of is when on 06/23/92 4 Russian AF MiG-29Cs Vs the 4 Moldovan MiG-29s. The Moldovan AF lost its four MiG-29s!
This information 'was' available on the ACIG website, which is no longer in service.

The F-22 has a canon on board, so it is prepared for dogfights. Maybe because of lessons learned in the Vietnam war.
There is a photograph of a gun camera of an F-5 gunning an F-22 at 15,000-ft. and under 500mph! What were the "ROEs"????
In the situation, the F-22 should be used as top cover only. There enough Typhoons (SEE NOTE) and other allied fighters protect fighter bombers to handle what remains after the F-22 from altitude fires down and catches the enemy interceptors shortly after take-off! The disorganized remainder of interceptors then will be handled with the other top cover.

NOTE:
I paraphrased the statement!
This statement was made by the Typhoon test pilot -Craig Penrice, several years ago.

Back