Promotions in Marine Corps. Boot Camp

Tovarish1

Isn't it true that if you get a bachelor's degree and then go to boot camp, that you get promoted right off the bat just for even having a degree? Because I know in the Air Force and Navy they do that.

Oh thanks so much. Because I plan on going to Southern Illinois University. And if you qualify expert during rifle training you get promoted to LCpl?

Oh. What's an honor man? Is that like the guide during cadence running holding the flag and boot camp company number? Because I heard somewhere that also, if you qualify expertly, you get another "benefit" or something like that.

Oh thanks so much. Because I plan on going to Southern Illinois University. And if you qualify expert during rifle training you get promoted to LCpl?

Series high shooter generally gets promoted, not everyone who shoots expert.

Isn't it true that if you get a bachelor's degree and then go to boot camp, that you get promoted right off the bat just for even having a degree? Because I know in the Air Force and Navy they do that.

You can get PFC as part of your contract

Oh. What's an honor man? Is that like the guide during cadence running holding the flag and boot camp company number? Because I heard somewhere that also, if you qualify expertly, you get another "benefit" or something like that.

Each series has X amount of promotions to PFC and Lcpl. They are divvied out by the Company, Series, Bn and sometimes the Regt CO. They are generally given to Guides, High shooters, Squad Leaders and PFT High score. To make Lcpl you'd have to be a contract PFC.

Oh. I hope I get expert. Even though 0311 doesn't really require that but still... makes you look better lol.

Here's the deal. You can enlist for 03xx field. But the MOS you get is up to the Corps. I wanted to be a Machine Gunner I ended up a Rifleman, I know guys who wanted to be riflemen and ended up TOW Gunners. You'll get an 03 MOS, BUT WHICH ONE CAN BE A CRAP SHOOT.

You can try.....don't count it. They won't send you back to ITB generally but you can cross train at unit level.

I'm starting to think they assign you an 03xx MOS depending on how you qualify with the rifle. Might be wrong but if you score well you get a trigger pulling MOS with small arms.

No 0300 Field is generally enlisted for. Alot of the open contracts (no designated field) get Motor Transport, Artillery, Food Services etc.

Back