Promotions in Marine Corps. Boot Camp - Page 5

Read more about So you can enlist as 0300 but you can't enlist as 0311? Because I just don't wanna be assigned to be like a mortorman, or a TOW gunner, or antitank missileman or assaultm

Military Medals Store

International Military Forums > >

User Name
Password

August 3rd, 2009   #41
Tovarish1

Well actually Morterman wasn't something I'd have put down either but you know. Man I can tell you're pissed...

"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."
-Lieutenant Emery Taylor US Army

-
August 3rd, 2009   #42
03USMC

Thing is this. Regardless of the field you'll get the MOS they want you have, Thats the way the Corps Works.

Even as an 0311 you get to carry rounds for the mortars, rounds for the machine gunners and SAW gunners, rounds for the grenadiers, batteries for the radio operators, thats why we referred to ourselves as 03Packmules

Sgt. Rafael Peralta ,United States Marine Corps
Company A, 1st Bn, 3rd Marine Regt, 3rd Marine Divison

We will never forget your valor and sacrifice.

Semper Fi !

August 3rd, 2009   #43
Tovarish1

Oh well absolutely grunts are grunts no complaints driving around in JLTVs, carrying nades, mortars, right. I just don't wanna be a mortarman. If I have to carry around mortar rounds as an 0311, it's fine as long as I'm an 11 or any other MOS I'm considering for that matter. Gotta love 11's.

August 4th, 2009   #44
noobkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarish1
Oh. What's an honor man? Is that like the guide during cadence running holding the flag and boot camp company number? Because I heard somewhere that also, if you qualify expertly, you get another "benefit" or something like that.
Yes, you get promoted for holding a flag, its awesome.

August 5th, 2009   #45
03USMC

Thers more to it than holding the Guidon.

August 5th, 2009   #46
Tovarish1

Don't you get promoted for sometimes leading cadences as the guide?

August 5th, 2009   #47
03USMC

Most guides get promoted. But there is a whole lot more than carrying the Guidon and running at the front of formation. It's a leadership position.

August 5th, 2009   #48
Tovarish1

Oh. Is there a selection for guides?

PS TRY NOT TO GET OFF TOPIC TOMTOM SPOKE TO ME ABOUT THAT ={

August 5th, 2009   #49
03USMC

Drill Instructors pick the guides. Usually several during boot camp. Most guides don't last long. The Guide in my Plt was a contract PFC, he did not get promoted to Lcpl. The 1st Squad Leader was a contract PFC, he did get promoted to Lcpl. Promotions in boot for filling a billet are not a given.

August 5th, 2009   #50
Tovarish1

Oh ok. How do DI's pick'em?

Tags
bat, boot, camp, degree, navy