Promotions in Marine Corps. Boot Camp

Yeah you don't get any less work to do, you get more if any, but never less.
You get slightly more money and you show up at your unit with proof that you are excellent Marine material.
As for more privileges, I wouldn't know. I think this might actually depend on your unit's culture.
But that's about it.

Well as you said, if the DI looks at the entire group and we're all "equally worthless" I wouldn't wanna be the one picked now that you told me about this lol.

And why would you want to be promoted straight out of boot camp anyway.

It's kind of a freaked up award for doing well in boot camp,

He would have to go to SOI still ;)

Yeah with a stripe or stripe and bb guns and no leadership training, and incurring the wrath of the cadre for not having leadership training.

Yeah you don't get any less work to do, you get more if any, but never less.
You get slightly more money and you show up at your unit with proof that you are excellent Marine material.
As for more privileges, I wouldn't know. I think this might actually depend on your unit's culture.
But that's about it.

You end up going to ITB with a stripe getting thrown into a squad or fire team leaders billet with no leadership training or skills (unless your prior service) cadre rides your ass, the other Marines in the training class don't respect you because basically your the same as them. They freak up you pay, it's a jolly time.

Get to your first unit, those PFC or Lcpl stripes mean exactly jack schitt to the PFC's and Lcpl's there. Your a boot, a cherry and f**** up until proven otherwise. The NCO's treat you like Crap, the SNCO treat you like Crap, the Officers treat you like crap, you do more working parties than other boot's you get the schitt job's in the Platoon (radio operator). Until you prove yourself. Jolly jolly times interspaced with pink bellies.

I know I was promoted to PFC in boot camp, it wasn't worth the 50 bucks a month extra.

Do you mind not asking the same questions over and over again?
Not only do you not look up anything for yourself, it seems like you forget what we tell you after 2 days.

2nd that, do some work yourself and pay respect to others that input time to answer you by at least remembering wht they said (and I know that´s a bit hard when you´re 14, but this is where and when the chaff starts separating from the corn, read my lips).

Rattler

Last edited:
Back