Promotions in Marine Corps. Boot Camp

About Promotions in Marine Corps. Boot Camp Page 3

International Military Forums > Military Discussion Forums > Joining the Military? Basic Training and Military Service Questions.
User Name
Password

August 3rd, 2009   #21
Tovarish1

So you can enlist as 0300 but you can't enlist as 0311? Because I just don't wanna be assigned to be like a mortorman, or a TOW gunner, or antitank missileman or assaultman. Now Riverine Assault Craft doesn't sound bad but how many 03xx MOS's are there like 10?

"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."
-Lieutenant Emery Taylor US Army

--
August 3rd, 2009   #22
03USMC

14 MOS now......but alot have always exsisted as B-MOS's and have now been added as 03 instead of remaining in the old 80 series of designator.

Rigid Raider, Riverine, Recon Parachute, Recon Diver, Recon Parachute & Diver, Combat Rubber Craft, Scout Sniper all used to exsist in the 85 field.

80 field was an additional skill identifier in addition to your primary MOS commonly called a B MOS

Sgt. Rafael Peralta ,United States Marine Corps
Company A, 1st Bn, 3rd Marine Regt, 3rd Marine Divison

We will never forget your valor and sacrifice.

Semper Fi !

August 3rd, 2009   #23
Tovarish1

Isn't it true that at ITB, you can write sort of a "wish list" of your MOS's that you'd like. So maybe I can punch in 1.) 0311, 2.) 0331, 3.) 0300 something like that? Just be sure, MOS 0331 carry M249 SAWs right?

August 3rd, 2009   #24
03USMC

Yeah you can put in a wish list, but you'll already be a 0300 when you get to ITB. 31's do carry 249's but at times when 31's are in short supply 11's have been known to hump 249's

August 3rd, 2009   #25
Tovarish1

Oh. So if I don't choose any MOS then they'll just put me in an infantry division as I understand it? So number one will be 0311, two will be 0331, and 3 I'll think about. So then when you put in a wish list, what are the odds of them assigning you to something you want in the wish list? Oh. 3 should be 0351 I guess then.

Last edited by Tovarish1; August 3rd, 2009 at 14:34..

August 3rd, 2009   #26
03USMC

No you'll just get an MOS they pick for you. But even with a wish list they will still pick the MOS ..............thats why it's called a dream sheet. You will be 03 that's your guarentee.

August 3rd, 2009   #27
Tovarish1

Oh okay. I see so dream sheets are useless so to speak lol?

August 3rd, 2009   #28
A Can of Man

Yeah you can end up with just about anything inside the 03.

August 3rd, 2009   #29
Tovarish1

This is freaking me out lol. Can't keep my head on. Well I don't wanna get you started since you already wanna tackle me lol.

August 3rd, 2009   #30
03USMC

You become what the Corps needs. If they need mortar men or assaultmen thats what you become.