Power Sharing

I3BrigPvSk

The Viking
Now we are going to the Pacific.

Was it a waste of resources to have two commanders in the Pacific? Nimitz and MacArthur shared the command.

Now we are going to (a tiny island) in the Pacific.

Sounds lovely.. count me in.......
m04127.gif
t108008.gif

Now we are going to the Pacific.

Was it a waste of resources to have two commanders in the Pacific? Nimitz and MacArthur shared the command.

I don't believe it was as they were supplied independently and operated in two completely separate areas.

I tend to think that the two pronged assault also prevented the Japanese from concentrating their forces for defense.

Sounds lovely.. count me in.......
m04127.gif
t108008.gif

The RAF had a small island in the middle of the Indian Ocean used as a staging/refueling stop for aircraft en-route to the Far East. The island was about 4 miles long by about a mile and a bit wide. It was an 18 month tour, there were no women on the island whatsoever, it was a posting for the bad lads.:p

The RAF had a small island in the middle of the Indian Ocean used as a staging/refueling stop for aircraft en-route to the Far East. The island was about 4 miles long by about a mile and a bit wide. It was an 18 month tour, there were no women on the island whatsoever, it was a posting for the bad lads.:p

Does that include you?
t1807.gif

So you spent a lot of time on a tropical island with a lot of men? That sounds so disturbing on so many levels. :p

Does that include you?
t1807.gif

Thankfully no, I never got caught committing my crimes, I got a prime posting to Singapore.;)

So you spent a lot of time on a tropical island with a lot of men? That sounds so disturbing on so many levels. :p

A mate of mine was posted there, he said the only female on the island was a 60+ year old airmans mess manager whom after a year even she started to look good.:p

Last edited:
Back